• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS VG259QR vs. HP X27q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregers05

So upgrading my 1080p 22" Asus monitor and going to a dual setup with new monitors. I originally was set on a 27" but it is almost to big. I bought the HPX27q and it is very nice, just big. Maybe just need to get used to it.

Thinking I was going to return the 27" monitors, I bought 2 of the Asus VG259QR. Also a nice monitor, however side by side, the HP looks better, clearer and more vivid. I assume thats due to the HP being 1440 vs 1080p.

I don't know a whole lot about monitor specs, can anyone let me now which is better as an all around monitor. Most gaming I do is BF2042 and I am running a Asus Strix960...but will be upgrading when GPU prices come down to earth.

Aside from the higher resolution of the HP, it is also brighter. It is rated at 400 nits vs 300 nits of the Asus. That could be the more vivid. Part of the 'is it too big' equation is the size of your desk. Do you have the area to not have the monitors in your face or hanging over the desk edges?

They both have the same gtg response time, both have 165hz max refresh rate, both have low blue for eye strain, and both have 1000:1 contrast ratio. Also both have anti-glare & variable v-sync.

Yeah, look at the specs side by side....

I'm arms length away with a 27" 2560x1440 monitor and it'd perfect. 1080p that close and 27 (even 25") would be 'grainy# and not as clear....less ppi.

Aside from the higher resolution of the HP, it is also brighter. It is rated at 400 nits vs 300 nits of the Asus. That could be the more vivid. Part of the 'is it too big' equation is the size of your desk. Do you have the area to not have the monitors in your face or hanging over the desk edges?

They both have the same gtg response time, both have 165hz max refresh rate, both have low blue for eye strain, and both have 1000:1 contrast ratio. Also both have anti-glare & variable v-sync.

Thanks, yeah I guess you are right about the brightness. Colors just look a little better side by side on the HP. I am in the process of redoing my desk area, building a new desk an cleaning things up. Planning to mount the monitors on the wall right above the desk, so they will be ~2.5ft away

Yeah, look at the specs side by side....

I'm arms length away with a 27" 2560x1440 monitor and it'd perfect. 1080p that close and 27 (even 25") would be 'grainy# and not as clear....less ppi.

Yeah thats true. Ive been using the 27" some with the 24" and I think I am just getting used to the size difference coming from a 22". I am leaning towards keeping the HP right now I think. Once I upgrade my GPU the FPS wont be much of a deciding factor.

Back