• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video/Media player?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

Help! I'm in charge of or club's booth at the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago and am looking for options to loop a ten minute video on a screen. (I should mention that we have a 32" HDTV screen and just need something to provide the video signal via HDMI preferably.) I was going to use an old laptop but an elder Thinkpad seems to to have enough oomph to play the video (which I've transcoded to H.264 using Handbrake.) I also tried an old cell phone (with HDMI output) but the display is pretty jerky on a Droid X. Looking on Amazon I found a bunch of devices like these:

http://www.amazon.com/1080P-HDMI-Multi-Media-Player/dp/B006LEYQK4/

There seem to be a lot of those things available and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with any of them.

In addition to video, it would be cool if it could display PowerPoint (or the OpenOffice equivalent) documents.

My time constraint is that I need something by Friday of this week. :shock: (I didn't think this was going to be a problem.) I think I can get a device from Amazon in time but don't have a clue which one to choose.

Thanks for any clue you can provide!

Back