• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770k OC'D to 4.4, no longer works after removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ixu IV

I OC'D my 3770K to 4.4, with everything stable upon the reboot with changes. Never had any issues post boot, no blue screens, no performance problems, or even restarting. I took it out to do some work one day, then reinstalled it. After reinstallation, My PC would not post. I have an Asus Maximus Gene V mobo, which had no bent pins or anything wrong with the processor slot on it. The Q code said 55, which means "No RAM installed". RAM was seated properly, and i even tried to switch DIMM slots, but still was not the cause. I believe the CPU just ended up bad, but how? Could it have been excessive voltage or something? Or potentially the disconnection and power cycling caused the mobo to no longer recognize the clocked CPU at its speed?

Did you go back and look for bent pins after reinstalling the CPU and it not booting?

I will try the CMOS. Everything else i mentioned earlier in my original post. Not sure how it could be bent pins, because my i5 works just fine. And i had researched a Q code 55 prior to post.

Back