• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkblitz05

Well im confused what to buy really... and I need some help with the decisions that I will make..

1st:
I was thinking of replacing my old Graphic Card (ATI RADEON HD 5670 (1gig ddr5)) to a Sapphire R9 270x Dual-X
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=2037&lid=1

but in my mind I also want to change my PSU and my CASING into
PSU: Corsair CX750M (the only available for now)
Casing: NZXT Phantom 530
which is the price somehow much closer to the Sapphire Graphic Card.

Sapphire R9 270X Dual Price: 9,350 php (in Philippine Currency)
Casing NZXT Price: 5,950 php (in Philippine Currency)
PSU Corsair CX750M Price: 4,700 php (in Philippine Currency)

Im thinking to upgrade my rig (in my sig)..
I know you guys have much more idea on how to deal with this kind of situation hehe.. I want to thank in advance for helping, this forum really helps by the way. :thup:

Last edited:
Unsure on what help you need. The graphics card you chose to upgrade to is a great card. You'll be happy with it.

As for power supply and case, the Corsair 750 will do just fine. What NZXT case? (Cannot see blue text).

Unsure on what help you need. The graphics card you chose to upgrade to is a great card. You'll be happy with it.

As for power supply and case, the Corsair 750 will do just fine. What NZXT case? (Cannot see blue text).

Done, sorry for the color... :)
uhmm well my current budget is somehow limited to 10,500 php....
thats why I was asking for help on what to choose between the 2.

Well if I was on a budget and out of the 3 parts I wanted can only afford 1 at the moment, I would upgrade the graphics card first. Your psu will handle it at stock speed, but may/may not struggle if you overclock it. 2nd part I would swap is the power supply. Last would be the case.

I would do gpu, PSU, then case. Get the gpu and PSU together and wait for the case.

Gpu-performance
PSU- stability
Case- Looks, sometimes much cooler temps which COULD allow for better performance. This is how I would look at the situation

Don't go too long or overclock too much on that 550watt power supply, before getting a new one.

What is the wattage of your current PSU and how many amps does it put out on the 12V rail? If it is sufficient for the 270X GPU I suggest you buy the GPU now, and upgrade other parts later.

I would do gpu, PSU, then case. Get the gpu and PSU together and wait for the case.

Gpu-performance
PSU- stability
Case- Looks, sometimes much cooler temps which COULD allow for better performance. This is how I would look at the situation

Don't go too long or overclock too much on that 550watt power supply, before getting a new one.

well yes that was I worrying at first.. If I go GPU and I will just run it on the default speed but I was wondering also if the CASE is somehow tight for the GPU Card even if the http://pcpartpicker.com/ said it is compatible with my case.

do the gpu first, the psu will do fine.
I have run my 8350 at 5.0 with a gtx760 card with a 500 watt psu and it's not an issue.

Guys it seems that the SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 270X 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 is available now in my place.. is it more worth it than the Sapphire Dual-X 49 270x?

and is it still good for my current rig? the specially my psu..

Guys it seems that the SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 270X 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 is available now in my place.. is it more worth it than the Sapphire Dual-X 49 270x?

and is it still good for my current rig? the specially my psu..

Different flavors of the same cereal. Buy the cheapest 2GB 270X you can get IMO. If you want it quiet get one with dual fans, rather than a single blower fan.

Different flavors of the same cereal. Buy the cheapest 2GB 270X you can get IMO. If you want it quiet get one with dual fans, rather than a single blower fan.

I was really wondering why this Vapor-X ( http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1227&pid=2036&psn=&lid=1&leg=0 ) is somehow a bit cheaper with the Dual-X r9 270x... and its out in the market.. thats why I was making it sure to post an update here hehe so that I can get some feedbacks on this card vaporX

I would do the PSU first, personally. The CoolerMaster GX series are fairly blah PSUs, and it'd be a shame if the new shiny GPU put the PSU over the edge and incited a killing spree by said PSU.

Last edited:
I would do the PSU first, personally. The CoolerMaster GX series are fairly blah PSUs, and it'd be a shame if the new shiny GPU put the PSU over the edge and incited a killing spree by said PSU.

I already got the Sapphire VaporX R9 270X last 2 days ago.. :-/

@all guys

I have this Sapphire DualX R9 270X in an another RIG
what is the max temp of it? If your just running it on default and not tweaking it.. coz I was running Company of Heroes 2 with High settings and the result was 61c maybe.. I dont know if this is already hot enough or what?

Temps are fine. Gpus can go up to a happy 90(higher before throttling and actual shut down but a realistic fugure) and be fine. Though I usually prefer to keep mine below 80.

Back