• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a new card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbobooster196

Hello people, I have the next question, I,m looking for a new video card
maybe and I really like your opinion.
I have a i7 975 extreme, and that 1 I,m keeping.
just need advice for a card.
now I have a gtx 580, and I,m gaming at 1920x1080 and I whant almost play all games maxed out.
I have a 300 euro to spend, so another gtx 580, or a new 1 and wich 1

i personally dont like SLI/CF, though it has its merits for going with it. just really depends on what your after, if thats the only res you might use for a while. then going with a new single card would be best IMO.

more performance over your current card while using less power at the same time. while it may not seem like it, i think the GTX770 would be a good choice. if your just to look at specs alone
http://www.hwcompare.com/14658/geforce-gtx-580-vs-geforce-gtx-770/
you can change it between other cards. the big thing to notice IMO is how higher the texel rate is even on the 770 vs 580. If the 780 is in your budget for your area then that would be another to go for.

For 300 Euro I'd get either a R9 280x, a GTX 770 as Evilsizer mentioned or R9 290. For 1080p they will all max out most games, plus you'll have more VRam on all 3 mentioned vs the 580 unless it's a 3g model. I also agree about not going Sli with the 580.

Back