• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Family Computer Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maximizer928

I am building a computer for my family and I would like it to be a good performance computer that could handle some gaming. This is my second computer build. I am just trying to make sure that everything works well together. I look forward to hearing any suggestions and feedback.

Here is the list of parts:
CPU: Intel i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2 GHz LGA 1155
Mobo: Asus P8Z77 LK LGA 1155
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series (2x4 GB)
Hard Drive: WD Black Series 1TB 7200 RPM
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 2.5” 120GB
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Power Supply: Cooler Master GXII 550W
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Mid Tower case

Thank you everyone

:welcome: let me start of by asking if you have any particular reason for wanting z77 with a non-k chip? Also why not get a haswell chip with a p97 board so in 2-3 years you can upgrate to the next gen chip (not devils canyon). Otherwise nice choises :thup:

thats a good start but lets swap the board to a newer Z97 one for down the road. will need a new cpu since that one will not work on z97, unless im missing something.

when do you plan to build this computer? are you comfortable overclocking the pc, as then you might op for a unlocked cpu. though in terms of most gaming a cpu with a clock speed 3.2-3.6ghz is going to be the sweet spot for most-to-all games. if you playing at 1080P its going to come down more to the GPU then the cpu.

Back