• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1100T in an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kegs0540

Registered
Hello all,

I am new to posting on this forum so please be easy on me.

I am trying to achieve 4.3GHz out of my processor. I have done a lot of reading but haven't really found sold answers on a few questions I have.

1.) What is the maximum voltage my processor can handle?(Currently @ 1.5250)

2.) At what temperature do I really need to start being concerned about my CPU?

I have been able to get to 217 FSB with multiplier of 19.5.

This is my current setup

Motherboard :Asus M3N-HT Deluxe
CPU : AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor
Cooling: Corsair H100U
RAM: OCZ XTC Platinum OCZ2P8002G
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)
Power Supply: Ultra X3 850W

For starters you could read Dolks Guide to overclocking the Phenoms

Trying to achieve 4.3 on a 1100T, no one can tell you if the chip can do it and or what voltage will be required. Every chip is different so it's rare that you'll find what works for one person will for another. Bottom line is you will have to just keep trying to push it and add voltage to see if it can do 4.3.

Temps Socket 62c and cores about the same, though some Phenoms will become flaky once they start getting in the mid 50c range on the cores.

As per AMD 1.5 on ambient cooling is about as high as you may want to go. If you have enough cooling you probably can try for 1.55v but you are definitely pushing your luck it on ambient cooling.

Hello all,

I am new to posting on this forum so please be easy on me.

I am trying to achieve 4.3GHz out of my processor. I have done a lot of reading but haven't really found sold answers on a few questions I have.

1.) What is the maximum voltage my processor can handle?(Currently @ 1.5250) Depends on how the cooling holds up to full load testing!)

2.) At what temperature do I really need to start being concerned about my CPU? For overclocking, you want temps as far below 55c as you can get them. More cool, more mhz.

I have been able to get to 217 FSB with multiplier of 19.5.

This is my current setup

Motherboard :Asus M3N-HT Deluxe
CPU : AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor
Cooling: Corsair H100U
RAM: OCZ XTC Platinum OCZ2P8002G
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)
Power Supply: Ultra X3 850W

Gonna need screen shots with Cpu-z all teh tabs you can fit, run a stress test and show us some load temps, we can help better with this info.

I have read "the guide". I am using a liquid cooler so I am not worried about pushing towards the high end. I guess I'm not sure why I cannot get my FSB past 217 using only a 19.5 multiplier. I have the option to adjust FSB multiplier, but I am not sure exactly sure where I can set that and I haven't found much information on that. I have read that people have been able to get the same RAM I am using up in to the low 440's and I'm only at 433. So I don't think I am getting limited by that.

Let's see if this works

Attachments

• cpu-z.jpg
    cpu-z.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 514
1.65Vcore on cpu with plain watercooling is likely going to bring on an early end to that processor.
RGone...

I was maxing that out... I can probably run lower than this voltage wise.

Attachments

• cpu-z 2.jpg
    cpu-z 2.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 499
Ran out of time for full stress test but this is an example...

Attachments

• Stress.jpg
    Stress.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 498
update cpu-z please.

I can agree with RGones statement, However, I did find certain Phenom II processors to want/need 1.6+ and + volts to reach 4400mhz with any kind of stability. But the major trick is to keep that puppy cool.

You can use Prime95 for stability testing. Something that puts big load on Cpu Cache and System Memory is what your looking for. Quick fun runs with Cinebench R15 can get a cpu hot pretty quick. Plus you get a score at the end :clap:

Hows the cooling set up>? Push pull on the radiator fans?? What kind of thermal paste? (just asking it looks to be doing a fair job!)

nice rig. I hope to upgrade to Phenom II some day...

First thing that sticks out to me is the timings are tight especially when Ocing the ram. Set the ram timings to the 400Mhz profile and or drop the multiplier on the ram.

The other issue may indeed be the voltage, at some point even though the temps aren't in the warning zone, when pushing X amount of voltage you may need to get it colder.

An example my Athlon II would BSOD any time I set the voltage above 1.55 even though the temps never went above 45c. I finally was able to get it above 1.55 when I used -6c water to cool it. Had the same issue with my 4770k above 5.1, unless it's cold it just will not take more voltage.

@ ShrimpBrime I currently only have pull fans on my radiator. I am trying to figure out how to fit the push fans in my case. I'm using stock thermal paste that I'm going to be changing out next week.

@Mandrake4565 I will try playing around with the RAM timings if I have some time this weekend. I work all day today and tomorrow. I don't think I have the ability to adjust the RAM multiplier. I could be wrong.

I'll drop the voltage to get it as close to 1.55.

I would say the first ting you need to do to try push the cpu higher is getting the Ram timings set. If you look at your memory tab you have them set at DDR2 866 5-4-4-12-19 the recommended settings for DDR2 800 mhz is 5-6-6-18-24. This doesn't mean they can't run tighter but when trying to push the cpu it's best to get the timings in order and also lower the ram speed if possible. This will help eliminate the ram causing the instability. If you cannot drop the ram Mhz to say DDR2 666 which I doubt you cannot, then I would loosen the timings to 6-8-8-20-26 and then try Ocing higher. After you find how far the cpu can go, you can then work on getting the Ram timings/ Mhz tighter/higher again.

Thank you, as soon as I have some free time I will try to loosening the timings. I was hoping not to have to drop the Mhz. I know it would make it easier to OC the CPU, but I'm trying to keep as much performance out of my RAM as possible too.

Thank you, as soon as I have some free time I will try to loosening the timings. I was hoping not to have to drop the Mhz. I know it would make it easier to OC the CPU, but I'm trying to keep as much performance out of my RAM as possible too.
You're better off finding the top on the Cpu first, if that's the objective then messing with the ram to get the rig to optimal performance. G/L

You're better off finding the top on the Cpu first, if that's the objective then messing with the ram to get the rig to optimal performance. G/L

You got that shett correct "manny". I have seen a number of benches over the years and the outcome was always...get the frikken cpu speed and only then get what ram speed is left. ]
RGone...

I'd say keep the voltage under 1.55V for "safety" if you want to run it 24/7 and not kill it within a short time. Even with a water cooling setup 1.6V+ is pushing the limits of what most Thuban CPU's (and Deneb) can typically handle.

Also, yes, you want to go for finding stable CPU clock speed first, worry about RAM speed and timings later. Run the RAM at slower speed (within rated speeds/timings). Trying to max out the RAM/Memory with tight timings and/or high speed at the same time as going for max on the CPU typically only makes things harder than they have to be.

I really only use it for a few hours a day at the most, so is a little bit of a higher voltage safe if im not running it 24/7? I'll drop the RAM speed and go from there. Thank you everyone for the help and advice. We'll see what I can get it to do when I get some free time.

I really only use it for a few hours a day at the most, so is a little bit of a higher voltage safe if im not running it 24/7
When we say 24/7 we don't mean 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We mean it more as an every day overclock even if it is a few hours a day. It's your chip and you can do with it what you please. Every chip will handle voltage differently, yours may be more tolerant of high voltage but it could all go wrong without warning. I personally have thrown much more voltage at my chips at times, but I do not expect them to last long. I mostly run high voltage when benching and it is usually when I'm running sub ambient cooling. Your 1100T is a darn good chip and highly sought after it would be a shame if you killed it. I'm not trying to discourage you from trying to push on it, merely informing you that it could all go wrong when pushing high volts.

Back