• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's always good to update whenever they come out with a new bios. Especially if there are problems your having with the board a new bios may fix.

Its easy to update your bios, you will need the bios installer and bios file put them on a start up disk and use the bios installer to update. Make sure you copy down the name of the bios file.

Hey Gandalf, get the Asus program called, "Asus Update." It updates your bios in Windows. Just make sure your back at stock speeds, and that nothing in the background is running, and your CPU is IDLE.

I hesitated before updating my bios, but I got over with it, and it was sucessful. But whatever you do, I highly recommend you updating at stock speeds.

Yodums

Yodums said:
Hey Gandalf, get the Asus program called, "Asus Update." It updates your bios in Windows. Just make sure your back at stock speeds, and that nothing in the background is running, and your CPU is IDLE.

I hesitated before updating my bios, but I got over with it, and it was sucessful. But whatever you do, I highly recommend you updating at stock speeds.

Yodums

ECS also has a program that allows you to do it right in windows. It really simplifies the process. Hmm.. I was just checking for a new bios on the asus site today and I updated it the old fashioned way.I'll have to find that program.

Yodums said:

Yodums

Makes me feel much better, where can I get the program?

Back