• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST looking HSF I have ever seen!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Hey all, was at Computer Builders Warehouse the other day and got a new cooler for my Athlon XP 1800+

This thing rocks with cooling, was using a Vantec 6035OD with 7,000 RPM Delta and this thing cools 3c cooler while overclocked to 1610mhz!

Here is a pic of the thing, let me know what you think....I have come to find out that the heatsink part is actually made by Evercool....no idea who makes the silver fan but its quiet and BIG! This thing is my new fave HSF of all time =)

AOC_Copper_Evercool.jpg

chasingapple said:
Hey all, was at Computer Builders Warehouse the other day and got a new cooler for my Athlon XP 1800+

This thing rocks with cooling, was using a Vantec 6035OD with 7,000 RPM Delta and this thing cools 3c cooler while overclocked to 1610mhz!

Here is a pic of the thing, let me know what you think....I have come to find out that the heatsink part is actually made by Evercool....no idea who makes the silver fan but its quiet and BIG! This thing is my new fave HSF of all time =)

delta...quiet??? do those words go together??? if so, do you have a link or a way i can get a hold of one of those??? can't hurt to try one out;)

Last edited:
Performs very well IMHO. Do a google search for Evercool 725 and read for yourself. This is just a better fan for me, alot quieter @5,000 rpm and pushes 38 CFM.

Max load @ 1610mhz 39c

Malakai said:
what are your ambient temps?
-Malakai

Well let me explain my temps a little more indepth...

I live in Las Vegas, it gets a little hot here, hehe.

In the daytime I run @ 41c Idle 44c Max load...when it cools at night and the ambient temps go down in the house im running at 36c Idle 39c Max. I am also overclocked right now Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1610mhz (140 FSB).

Not too bad I think! My Vantec with a Delta couldnt keep up with this. I am just in love with the looks of the thing and im seriously considering a Window mod now. I am using the Older Alienware Hydrolic case and its silver too so I got the steel look going here, hehe. Would be nice to watch the fan spinning in there.

Looks pretty close actually, I think its a proven design that performs very well and I would expect to see alot of similar designs by other companies. Having the silver fan on it that runs quiet and cranks out 38 CFM airflow is nice.

chasingapple said:

Well let me explain my temps a little more indepth...

I live in Las Vegas, it gets a little hot here, hehe.

In the daytime I run @ 41c Idle 44c Max load...when it cools at night and the ambient temps go down in the house im running at 36c Idle 39c Max. I am also overclocked right now Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1610mhz (140 FSB).

Not too bad I think! My Vantec with a Delta couldnt keep up with this. I am just in love with the looks of the thing and im seriously considering a Window mod now. I am using the Older Alienware Hydrolic case and its silver too so I got the steel look going here, hehe. Would be nice to watch the fan spinning in there.
i am in fla, thats why i asked. a lot of peeps will be like"im running at 32c my hsf rulz when their ambient is 18c. mines 28-30, so a good hsf gets me like 45c
-Malakai

chasingapple said:
Looks pretty close actually, I think its a proven design that performs very well and I would expect to see alot of similar designs by other companies. Having the silver fan on it that runs quiet and cranks out 38 CFM airflow is nice.

no the SLK800 has a lot more fins making for better cooling..

Malakai said:

i am in fla, thats why i asked. a lot of peeps will be like"im running at 32c my hsf rulz when their ambient is 18c. mines 28-30, so a good hsf gets me like 45c
-Malakai

Im from FL also, I feel your pain:cry:

Iron Hawk said:

Im from FL also, I feel your pain:cry:
Wow, your in Bradenton, your not far from me at all, u know where Port Richey is? im there
-Malakai

a quiet delta umm are you sure its pluged in? 1610 on an 1800+ = umm 140fsb?
whats the temp
whats the voltage
and is 140 as high as it will go???

Sure is pretty. I bet that 70mm fan cuts way down on the noise too.

Malakai said:

Wow, your in Bradenton, your not far from me at all, u know where Port Richey is? im there
-Malakai

Did you used to go to Gulf High? I went there in the tenth grade.

Great after reading this post I know that the two HSFs look the same and also learned several different locations in FLA
Who says you dont learn something new in the forums everyday!

edit: Oh yeah aslo thats one hell of a price for a HS that performs as well as you say and is as quiet as it is!

Last edited:
For a h/sink fan combo with that size/weight I don`t like the mounting clip only attaching to the center processor die lugs.
Many companies now are either using the 3 lug brkt. or using the 4 mounting holes in the mobo.

Acko

trdsw20 said:
.....I know that the two HSFs look the same.....
They may look the same but the SLK800 is in a class of it's own. It's smaller brother, SLK600, performed extremely well againts the old king, MC462, with a smaller 60mm fan. The SLK800 uses an 80mm fan.

Back