• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

How hard is it to do a case mod?? Should I buy the stuff myself or order a window kit from someone?? I thought I saw somewhere that you can send the side you want modded and they'll cut it out for you. Anybody with some feedback let me know.

You should read the sticky about window installation. Its very well done. I would do it myself but thats me.

you mean paying people for doing the fun part for you?!:D
come on!!!:rolleyes:
making a window isn't that hard, if you want to save some money, you can buy all the material you needed at HomeDepot, but if you wanna save the hassle, you can buy the parts then DIY.
you just need some tools and you will be fine, Dremel is a good tool. you can order your DIY window kit from here .

Is that IwILL xp333 board pretty good??? Does it have usb 2.0 or 6 channel sound??

1st, do some research on that board
2nd, if you cant find info, post your q in the appropriate mobo forum
3rd, make the window yourself. You can save about $20 or more and even if you buy the kit, you have to cut it out yourself. I cut my own window and it looks really good. also, you can cut any design you want, not like the boring rounded rectangles and ovals for sale now.

here is a place that got me started modding.......
Hey, thanks for the link! More cool ideas, and even some laptop mods. (I have an old laptop that I've been thinking seriously about painting and fixing up - it's been so well-used that the paint is wearing off!)

Adovbs

yo, i wasnt sure just like you about case mods but i just got up some courage and went for it with a dremel... i cant believe i once thought it was hard... it is INCREDIBLY easy. you just need some patience... oh yeah, if you chose to do it with a dremel, before you do so make sure that you get some practice on a old pc case.

Back