• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filling an In-Line System??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hpotter

Registered
Ok, I just got all the parts for my water cooling system. I went with a Maze2, a Mag Drive 350gph pump and a Danger Den Heater Core. Everything is 3/8" ID. I got a 3/8" Barbed T-Fitting and was going to add a fill tube. The problem is that I can't seem to fill up my system. This is how the flow goes. The out from the pump goes to the heater core, from the heater core to the inlet on the Maze2 and then from the outlet of the Maze you hit the T-Fitting and then that goes to the In on the Pump. It looks the same as many of the setups I've seen posted, but whenever I add water to the Fill Tube it just sits there and is not cycled into the system. I've tried pulsing the pump but that is not doing any good. Please Help!

Thanks
Mike

You are air bound sir. Try pulling a line off higher to let the air out, or add a bleed valve. You can get a one way checkvalve to use during filling at a pet store. PS get some pictures up please. I'd love to see your rig.

CSaddict said:
You are air bound sir. Try pulling a line off higher to let the air out, or add a bleed valve. You can get a one way checkvalve to use during filling at a pet store. PS get some pictures up please. I'd love to see your rig.

I have the line higher than everything else, but no matter what it still won't fill. And what is a bleed valve?

Sounds kind of like my set up, what I did was take an old plastic milk jug and cut the top off then fill it with your cooling stuff, I used water, water wetter and anti freeze. With one hose off I put my maze 2 in to the contanner then started up the pump (Think that I had primed the pump) I spent some time working out all the air then put the hose back on the water block.
Hope that make sense.:D

If you are air bound you could try sucking the water through the pump and radiator just dont drink it.... just an idea.......

just stick the pump inlet under water and let her rip(have the hose from ur stuff go back to the bowl or whatever u use and once u have all the air and stuff out clamp the hose off)....sounds easier then what ur doin (i luv my t-line but some times its a pain)

put a funnel on the end of your bleed valve, and fil it VERY slowly, thats how i do it, and i use 3/8 also, basicly what you do is tilt it to the side a little so the water runs down the side of the tube instead of filling the tube... so air can get past....

Back