• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ST6 Divisor Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfinguru

Ok, I understand the concept of the 3:3:1 etc. Problem I have is this: If I'm going 133fsb, divisors should be 4:4:1, right? Then why do I keep getting a message stating that my CAS timing should be "3". I'm using 2 sticks of Crucial/Micron PC133 rated @ CAS2. If I set divisors to 4:3:1, the message goes away. This doesn't seem right. That would make my PCI bus 44.33 right? Don't really think me WD hard drive is gonna work at that PCI speed. Am I missing something here?

If you can continue to boot, neglect that message. It's just a recommendation that it should be set to 3. Although it seems quite strange how it won't recognize your cl2 ram.

Yeah, kinda different than the ol BE6-II I was used to. Oh well. Does anyone know how credible (sp?) MBM is in regards to it's system info? I just noticed today that I'm getting faulty check sum errors in slot "0". Tested both sticks seperately in all dimm slots and only get the error on slot 0. Brand new board too. Not sure what to think about that. I'm still getting Prime errors @1.6 with 1.8v. Anybody have suggestions, comments?

surfinguru said:
If I'm going 133fsb, divisors should be 4:4:1, right? Then why do I keep getting a message stating that my CAS timing should be "3". I'm using 2 sticks of Crucial/Micron PC133 rated @ CAS2. If I set divisors to 4:3:1, the message goes away. This doesn't seem right. That would make my PCI bus 44.33 right? Don't really think me WD hard drive is gonna work at that PCI speed. Am I missing something here?

Running at 4:3:1 would make the Cpu run at 133 (4/4) the ram at 100(3/4) and the PCI at 33(1/4). The ram dropping down to 100 is probably what negates the "timing at Cas3 message". Ignore the message. I've been running mine at 4:4:1 @ Cas2 using 2 sticks of Crucial/Micron PC133 rated @ CAS2 since the day I got it and I get the message also. Never had any problems.

Back