• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory dumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bagadonutz

i just built a gigabyte 7vrxp with amd 2000 processor and ocz pc3000 memory with asus v7100 pure pro video card. my processor has a dr. thermal extreme sink and fan. my hard drive is a ibm djna-371350 ata66 . the machine reads cold 38-40 degrees cel. sissandra winbench and burn wizard all check out. but three times a day or more i get a memory dump. tried to read with dumpchk.exe but it won't let me. is something incompatible harddrive or video? help!

I get that with my dual Asus mobo sometimes. Try easing up on the RAM settings.

At first I had my RAM at 2-2-2, then after setting it to 2-3-2 it helped a bit. I changed it to 2.5-2-2 and now it works fine.

2X 256 MB Micron PC-2100

thanks audiman i did change it to 2.5 and it seems fine eversince. i even clocked it to 1800mhz (i'm a little shy). also flashed bios over the internet , just point and click, gotta love it. eventhough i'm positive i did that already. thanks again

Back