• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Booting problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jemz0r

Registered
Hello,

I just upgraded by A7V133 Rev 1.05's BIOS from 1007 to the latest, 1008A.

Now the computer won't boot, unless I use the original boot disk that I used when I upgraded the BIOS.

Did I do something wrong? The boot disk was made by
format a: /s
in Win98 dosprompt.

Also, is a Duron 1G idling at 40C normal?

Thanks.

tried that.

It boots off a W2k CD, but freezes on the first section where it's copying drivers for SCSI/RAID stuff.

In AFLASH.exe
Option 2 is
"Update BIOS Inlcuding Boot Block and ESCD"

Would the boot block have anything to do with this?

Boot block shouldn't have anything to do with this. It is a small portion that doesn't normally get reflashed. If you try to boot normally, what happens? Can it find the drive?

OK... I just put a Duron 600 in it, (I bought a Duron 1G, dunno if it's Morgan core or not, how do I tell) and it booted up fine.

So it's something to do with the CPU.

I don't know how to tell, you'd have to check in the AMD CPU's section. It was working fine before you reflashed? I hope that it is OK. Keep fooling with it, you'll probably find the answer, that's what I do!

It worked on the Duron 600 before I flashed it.

Just found out it's a Morgan core.

Did the system default to a Processor setting that is incorrect for the 1gig duron ?

Look at that it may be the problem

Nup,
10 x 100FSB = 1000.
And it says, Duron 1000 during POST.

I've managed to get it to boot with Win98 boot disk. However when running WinME setup, I get corrupted images like distorted red/orange icons and no text at all.

It also freezes during the first phase of installation for Win2k and WinXP. The bit before you format the HDD.

When I try it with a Duron 600, it works fine. But my mobo supports the Morgan Durons which is weird.

Thats weird well boot into bios and under clock the 1 gig see what happens .

Or reflash back to the bios that worked....

Back