• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh, Gandalf,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NedClocker said:
Where are you? Haven't seen you around in a while. :eek:

I was thinking the same thing a couple of hours ago when I last checked the stats.... didn't wan't to mention anything lest someone think I hold a resentment over the contest.... :rolleyes:

Did you get the XP in yet?? Are you having problems setting it up, or some other technical problems??

I'm having some bugs on my end...I've got this cable modem/router (TRENDnet TW100-W1CA) that's giving me fits trying to set up.... I've even gone as far as to flash the firmware to the latest update, and downloaded the newest install program... It will not detect any devices, no matter what I do. I know the CAT 5 cables are good, as I've been using them all along.... I keep trying to get it up and working while the rigs are busy folding these Protien A's (lots of time to work on the actual network while they fold those monsters...lol). I've got it to detect my main rig twice, but the first time I went to save the settings I input, and it didn't save them for some reason....this last time, it seemed to, but when I wen't to try it, nothing....and I was back to "no devices detected" again....

*sigh* I know I'm a "networking n00bie", but sheesh! It's only a switch (realistically) for cryin' out loud! I got the four rigs running fine using a four port hub, and M$ Networking in WinME.....why the heck can't I get this bloody thing to work?? ARRGH!

Oooops...I vented. I needed it though. The wife doesn't understand any of this, and just rolls her eyes when I get aggrivated at a little blue thingie with wires plugged into it.

:p

Re: Re: Oh, Gandalf,

Mr B said:

*sigh* and M$ Networking in WinME..... ARRGH!
:p

snipped and left the relevant part ;)
winME was freaking out on me while trying to work over the lan. Nothing else gave me so much trouble. I ended up going tcp/ip across the whole thing instead of using netbios and it seems to be much happier now although the winME sys is just a folding box. It used to be the main sys, but a new drive and XP and a transfer of files took care of that.

Yeah, buddy! Gandalf's got a hell of a day total going! You can tell that xp1600 is being put to good use. :rolleyes:

Mr B, thought you were using that Linksys switch?

NedClocker said:
Yeah, buddy! Gandalf's got a hell of a day total going! You can tell that xp1600 is being put to good use. :rolleyes:

Mr B, thought you were using that Linksys switch?

Don't know if he's gotten the XP yet...or if it's up and running...that might explain the stats, if he's having problems getting it working with the mobo he has... (Not sure what he's planning to run it on....).

I am, but I'm trying to use them in conjunction with each other (which, by the manual for the TRENDnet, I can). This would allow me to set the TRENDnet up as a router, enabling me to get the NASCAR gaming server going.... :p

The Linksys switch (EZXS55W) works great...all four rigs have internet access, etc...but setting it up with the TRENDnet would also let me pull the 2nd NIC from the main rig to put into the server, as it's a 10/100 as opposed to the oldie 10 that's in there now....:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Oh, Gandalf,

Ploaf said:

snipped and left the relevant part ;)
winME was freaking out on me while trying to work over the lan. Nothing else gave me so much trouble. I ended up going tcp/ip across the whole thing instead of using netbios and it seems to be much happier now although the winME sys is just a folding box. It used to be the main sys, but a new drive and XP and a transfer of files took care of that.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad setting up the network in WinME. Been fairly stable too (*knocks on wood*). But they all share everything...I need to assign IP addy's to the individual machines, for when the gaming rig is ready to run.

HEY GUYS

:D

I am here, just taking a little break........had a lot of school stuff to do also.

I'm still waitin on that xp1600, with no fault to robert. He has been great.

And about my stats, well, a couple people were folding under my name, and now they have gone back to their own, so that could explain a little.

And thanks for noticing that I was gone, never thought I would be missed! :D

FOLD ON!!

Re: Re: Oh, Gandalf,

Mr B said:
I know the CAT 5 cables are good, as I've been using them all along....

Damn strait they are!

(For those out of the loop, I made those cables he is using)

Gandalf said:
HEY GUYS

:D

I am here, just taking a little break........had a lot of school stuff to do also.

I'm still waitin on that xp1600, with no fault to robert. He has been great.

And about my stats, well, a couple people were folding under my name, and now they have gone back to their own, so that could explain a little.

And thanks for noticing that I was gone, never thought I would be missed! :D

FOLD ON!!

thank god your back! ned has really missed you I think he has gandalf withdraw:D

I kinda like the fact that he hasnt got the xp running yet. Kinda selfish but I just passed him by the skin of my teeth. If he repasses me I'll just have to get more folders.

Back