• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Witch GeForce 3 Ti200 card is best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this topic should really go in debates because it's pretty much on opinion...however, the gainward's are said to overclock higher than other brands but i always go with visiontek...the reason: well, actually i don't have one...

PNY is built by MSI but uses 3.8 ns memory and have a lifetime warranty.

That's my vote.

PS I've over clocked it to 260/560

When I was looking for a Geforce 3 Ti200 card I was looking for the best price I could get among 4 brands: Abit, MSI, Gainward and Visiontek. I chose the Abit.

Personally I would find out which has the fastest RAM chips as memory bandwidth potential is the key to higher framerates.

cards

Leadtek fan for life! I don't know about their GF3's, but my GF2 has 4ns memory, so I'd expect they'd be 3.8ns. Just look at my overclock in the sig. Or ask SIlversinkSam about his leadtek cards...

Browse madonion... sometimes people list their card's manufacturer.

8850???

has anybody seen or read a review about the msi 8850-030 geforce3 ti200 128mb card on newegg? it is a pretty good price considering it has 128mb ram (question as to if it is 4.0ns or what, one place said it was faster ram than its 64mb brother) and vivo features.

there is one review on anandtech dealing with the 64mb version i believe, and it was the hottest of all the gpus in the ti200 range. could it be because it was accurate at reading the gpu?

please let me know if anyone knows about this. I would think if you hold onto this for a while, the 128 ram would help out eventually for future games.

later

All I can say is stay away from the Gainward... Personally I think they suck a$$. As a friend built a new system he bought Gainwards GF3 TI200 Golden Sample, Soyo Fire Dragon, a Northy P4 1.6A. This vid card limited him to OCing the system or the card not being able to OC the system shot him down as a serious OCer. He is very unhappy with this card and yanked her out of his machine. Today he got an Asus v8440. The graphics are better, benchmarks are higher at factory setting than the TI200 is OCed. All the praises of the Gainwards makes me sick. Tomorrow comes the real test when the system gets clocked up and torture tested.
This is the opinion of myself and a couple friends that learned something at a pricey cost(to Aaron). Steer clear of Gainward, the overclockabilty is high for the card only, mixxing the card with an OCed system just doesn't work.. I didn't post this to get :mad:flamed:mad:, I posted this because I think that everyone should know what has happened with our try at using Gainwards card. I am open for critisism if that is what you want to do, but I want to know what everyone thinks of the problems we have had with this card.. I am open for suggestions.. Down with Gainward......:argue:

Last edited:
Back