• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Harddrive coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigVideoGuy

Registered
Hey - i have a WD 7200 20gig drive that gets pretty hot- my machine runs all day and i'm trying to get the temp. down- anyway my question is what it the best/cheapest hdd cooler to et - i know basically nothing about them so any info would be helpful- Thx

All those HD racks and such are all pieces of junk if you ask me. Best bet is to put a larger fan 80mm or so infront of your drive to cool it, it will be alot quiet then those HD racks with 4 tiny super RPM 40mm fans trsut me. If you really feel the need to go with one of those then just get the one that promises the most CFM with the least Db, thats all the advice I can give ya. Alot of cases have a spot for intake fans that position right in front of the HD bays.

Josh

Istari1 said:
All those HD racks and such are all pieces of junk if you ask me. Best bet is to put a larger fan 80mm or so infront of your drive to cool it, it will be alot quiet then those HD racks with 4 tiny super RPM 40mm fans trsut me. If you really feel the need to go with one of those then just get the one that promises the most CFM with the least Db, thats all the advice I can give ya. Alot of cases have a spot for intake fans that position right in front of the HD bays.

Josh
You are damn right i had the same problem and though about getting some racks, after reading their specs i laugh at it, i just stick a case fan in front of my case and the hds are much cooler now. Racks are nice for servers but i can say that for the average user for the price of 1$ you can get a fan and get same results as paying 20 bucks for a rack.

Back