• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic alumina, temp always rises?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

I used arctic alumina to mount my hsf with, and the temps will be good and stable for like 10 hours.

my idle is like 40, and my load is like 43/44.

it will be completely stable for 10 hours or so, then the temps turn to crap. The idle will go up to 42/43 and the load goes up to like 47.

their webpage says: "During the CPU's initial use, the Arctic Alumina compound thins out to enhance the filling of the microscopic valleys and insure the best physical contact between the heatsink and CPU core. Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 20 to 100 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability."

but it never says anything about temps rising, or getting better after the compound cures.

anyone know?

I never used it before so I don't know. For me the difference in cost compare to artic silver 3 is not much. I just get the best and I have no problem using arctic silver 3 so far.

I use arctic silver 3 and have noted just the opposite, my temps start out hot but will go down up to 5-8c after running loaded for 12+ hrs, I hear that the compostion actually changes during that period:burn:

I guess there's only one way to find out if the temps are going to drop back to the way they were or not.

24 hours after mounting - still running 42 idle :(

Back