• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newer drivers for the ti 4600 are bad !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Obayme

Disabled
i play return to castel wolfenstein and i get terrible fps with the 28.32 drivers but with my older 27.72 i get very good fps this iswierd

the thing with nividia is they come out with a new driver every week. so they basically only change small things each uprade but every once and awile that change will be bad as far as preformance.

Go with whatever works. The newest aren't always the greatest. Plus remember every system is different and will react differently to driver updates.

When I was having problems with my brand new system, the tech at the store told me "Update all drivers you moron!!!" then when I was still having problems the other tech told me "Its the newer drivers that's causing problems you moron!!!" Well, I wasn't called a moron to my face, but I could hear it from their eyes.

Take every driver with a grain of salt. There is a disclaimer with every driver that states they are not responsible for whatever happens when you use this driver...it's there for a reason.

Obayme said:
i play return to castel wolfenstein and i get terrible fps with the 28.32 drivers but with my older 27.72 i get very good fps this iswierd

Bear in mind also that the newer Dets absolutely require you to clear out all old versions prior to installing.

my visiontek

my visiontek ti-4600 does better with the 28.32's than any other driver that works with it, and the 28.32 + drivers are the only ones that work with the refresh rate fix so i'm staying with those drivers. Most of the people who have tested the 21.xx+ detonators have shown little performance increases between versions and to loose major performance you would need to run one of the old detonator 12.xx series drivers so maybe your problem is a setting or patch for wolfenstein or maybe an antiailising setting or something.

nawim happy right now :) i get average of 100-300 fps in wolfenstein 1280x1024 resolution and a ll super graphics

...i get terrible fps with the 28.32 drivers but with my older 27.72 i get very good fps...
Where did you get the 27.72's from? I tried from Guru3d and could only get a ".RAR" file. wtf is this? I did get the 27.50.exe tho.

thanks.

:cool:

EDIT: Never Mind. I got it.

Last edited:
a *.rar is a compressed file... like a *.zip but *.rar
download a *.rar compatible compression/cecompession piece of software from download.com or something and you shoulf good to go...

Back