• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Light Types in case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiveX

Hi all,

I am about to setup my first H20 Cooling project. I even bought some Flourescent Cooler Dye (White/Clear Blue color) from http://www.caseetc.com . I would like to do a window mod on my Antec case and would like to add a light to it.

Given the Flourescent Cooler Dye in the water (silicone Thick Wall tubing) tubes, which type of LIGHT MOD would work best to display the cool colors of the flourescent dye?

Cold Cathode
Neon Light
Black Light
Electroluminescent Cabling

Which one will make my water GLOW BLUE the best? :D :D

Thanks,

XiveX :beer:

I'd go with a UV light. They don't shine very brightly, so if you want the maximum effect you may want two. You can pick up a cold cathode UV light HERE from PCMods.com or you can pick up a blacklight HERE from caseetc.com where you shopped before. Hope you find what you want. :)

Black or Blue?

Black Light or Blue Cold Cathode? Which would look better guys?

LOL! C'mon help me out here!! :D

XiveX

I don't know much about water dye or whatever you call it but I think that if it is blue you wounln't see it light up with a blue light as it would just make everything blue. So I would say get a uv or blacklight and it would just light up the water.

if you want the best glow from the WATER, then go with the UV / blacklight. If you just want a cool blue glow from the light to light up the case then go with the blue cold cathode.

Back