• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual monitors with 2 different vid cards.. help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

i posted awhile back and everyone said it was possible to do this.. the 2 cards i'm trying to use are a ati radeon 32mb ddr.. and a tnt2m64 pci 32mb i plug them both in, and the system wont boot.. i think it starts and everything fine, i just dont have video.. on any monitor.. what am i doing wrong?

Make sure that your "Initial Display" in the BIOS is set to AGP, then boot with only AGP and make sure everything is working. Then shut down and put in your PCI video card and boot up again. If no go, then try a different PCI slot. If it still won't work, try removing any other PCI cards you have, just in case they are interfering. If you still can't get it to work, check the manufacturer website for your motherboard and see if they have a BIOS update for your board. That may be the issue.

Good luck.

Back