• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem w/Screen Saver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prettycoolguy47

I'm a "newbie" folder and I'm having a problem with my screensaver mode. I have to continually ctrl/alt/del to get out of it. I'm running W98SE and yes I have tried reinstalling the program, no luck. Any ideas?

Howard

welcome to the team!

As far as I know, the screensave part has never worked completely right. Just let the client run in the taskbar, and if you want to look at it, click on display.

fold on!

The screensaver version isn't usually recommended. It's really kind of useless and defeats the purpose of the program. The screensaver clients takes up cycles to draw the protien on the screen. The regular client runs in the background. It doesn't hamper performance AT ALL. The nature of the program doesn't allow it to do so.

For best results use the text based 'no nonsense' client. But the graphical client is most popular and I believe gets the updates more frequently.

Disable your screen saver, go to the power settings and change your computer's power scheme's to "always on," set it to turn off your monitor at what ever time you feel is appropriate, and you should be good to go.

Wedo

If you have a voodoo card then you're out of luck with the screensaver too. It's an open gl problem. The regular client may not show up right either. I'm with everyone else. Ditch the screensaver. That screensaver is kind of buggy anyway. For some unknown reason they have it to set FAH as the default screensaver for windows even though you are already running the client in the tray and that has to be changed.

BTW Welcome to the Team :D

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll just run the client version once my kids get over the pretty pictures....:) I'm not going to mess with my drivers, it's too hard finding one that works well with all the kids online games, not to mention mine. By the way I'm running the 28.90's which seem to be functioning quite well.

PIII700@1001

Howard

Back