• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 8500le

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

What is the difference between the radeon 8500 and the "le" version. And also would my cpu be alright with this card??

the difference on the cards is a $100 ticket and the 25/25 clock. the le comes clocked at 250/250 and can easily be pushed to 300/300 with powerstrip and is only $200. while the non le is $300 and comes at 275/275. i dont know if there is any difference between the gpu or not, but if you want a good card for cheap, go with the le. ask big nutz, he has one and he is creeping on the doorstep of the ti4600's. also, you will score alot higher in 3dm2k1se with a higher fsb. the higher your fsb is the higher you will score on this and you will get more fps while gaming.:D and to answer you question about your cpu and this card, it will be ok, but to optimize this card you need a new ddr board and killer ddr for your amd, or you need to get a p4 and either ddr or rambus and a mobo. a p4 system can be thrown together for like about $300, or if you like amd, keep the cpu and get a new board and ddr. you get the upgrade and you will be happy. back when i built my first p4 system, i had a 2.0 willo, abit bl7 mobo and 512 SDRAM, and my scores sucked on 3md, i went ddr after that and i started kickin a##.:D

well i saw one of these cards on ebay, it didnt say the manufacturer so i e-mailed the guy and asked if it was the retail ati card this is the response i got
"Ati do not manufacture cards any more, they just make the chipsets, it is not a retail card and made by a company call ed Sapphire Systems"

What the hell is this guy on, anyway the card is going cheap what u guys think?

dalmit change what i just said ive found the hercules version 4 the same price. Looks like im in 4 some gaming this weekend:D

Back