• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k Drive letters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guid0

I have 4 drives 2 hdd's and 2 cdroms

Yesterday i reinstalled windows. I deleted my NTFS partition and let win2k reinstal by partitioning in NTFS my other hdd is fat32. Now my back hdd is drive C: and my windows is drive F:

any one know how i can change around my drive letter to get them back to normal? will partition magic do it?

or can i just unplug my backup drive which is now c: and boot up with it unpluged and hope windows reasigns it c:?

Guid0 said:
I know, but i need to change the windows drive letter........

You can't have 2 drives with the same letter even while moving letters around. To switch F: with c:, make the C into G. Then make F into C. Finally, make G into F and you have your drive letters all nice and pretty.

I tried that and lost my pagefile or something like that then windows wouldn't boot.......I just reinstalled again and unplugged my backup drive

Back