• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jedi Knight II takes AGES to load!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
Every time I try to load a saved game, it takes at LEAST 5 full minutes, sometimes more. When I'm playing a level, and I load a save game which is in that level, it only takes 30-40 seconds to load, but when I first start the program and load, or if I load a different level than the one I'm playing it, it takes so damn long.

Anyone else have this problem, and more importantly, fix it?

I have been playing this game...It seems to take a few seconds for the blue line to cross the screen as it loads but my time is nowhere near 5 min....I would guess 25-30 seconds. Perhaps some of your game settings are too high? I have everything turned up full on mine and the game flies.

I am running the game at 1024X768 32 bit color. I like that screen size and never go higher so I don't know if that has effected your load times. You have almost the same system as me!! What benchmarks are you getting for your HD under Sandra 2002? Are you NTFS with Indexing? My Sandra score is over 40K with NTFS and indexing turned on...With indexing turned off I lose over 3K.

my load speeds have increased somewhat since I got the RAID array in...

but it's still longer than I like...

poor programming I take it

It would be nice to have a new game that used a newer game engine rather than flog the old Quake III engine. Something that would take advantage of the power of newer PCs.

mine takes no where near 5 minutes, but at least 1 or 2 for the initial load. after that it isn't too bad, and quicksaves (which are what i always use) take about 10 seconds tops after i die.

jeff

I restarted and timed it using "clean" RAM (No built up data).

Load - 2:56 minutes
Quick Load - 16 seconds
Quick Save - 3 seconds.

What speed cd drive do you have? otherwise it might just not like the sdram!

I'll try remember to post my load times, I kinda loaded my single player game and played for an hour :p

fuzzba11 said:
What speed cd drive do you have? otherwise it might just not like the sdram!

I'll try remember to post my load times, I kinda loaded my single player game and played for an hour :p

Kenwood True-X 72X CD-ROM with ZEN technology. No problem with supplying data, it's more than fast.

I certainly hope it's not my RAM. I've never had a problem like this with any game ver before. It's only JKII.

i have those problems too. man it gets annoying waiting for
it to load. multiplayer loads much faster though.

Takes me a few seconds for it to load. May depend on your ram or computer speed then again i onlyhave 128megs of RD ram ( soon going to 512) and a P4 1.3ghz.. so maybe its just your game try reinstalling it.. or checking wat is sucking up your ram.. i cant think of anything.. it loads so fast for me and my freinds.

sorry.. lol.. hope i helped :beer:

Back