• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about HDD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snewp0rs

Registered
I'm not too sure where this should be posted, but I was wondering what would be the best way to space out my hard drives. I saw a pic here I think before that someone had some kind of chain type stuff screwed onto the bays and allowed them to screw the hard drives onto this chain. I have 3 hard drives, all of which are taking up all the 3 1/2" bays. All of my 5 1/4" bays are used up, so that idea is gone. As of right now the HDD's are stacked and get very hot! I burnt myself touching them heh. Anywho, I'd like to spread them out so I'd be able to get some good airflow over them.

hdd

You could get a cage that mounts to the bottom of your case for about $5 that can hold 2 Hdd's. You'd just need to drill 2 holes in the bottom to bolt the cage in.

Probably should be in general hardware section, but alt moddin also works.

Just do what a guy I know at work did! Take your IDE cable and run it outside of the comp. Just push it through an extra slot at the back of your comp. Then you could mount the drives on the wall (or the side of the case... or anywhere else that you can think of)!

Good Luck!

Or if your really feeling gutsy you could get yourself a strong magnet and put it on the outside of your case, then you take you hdd and put it where the in the same spot as the magnet but on the inside of the case. and then presto, hdd stuck to case!

And how is the magnate supposed to stick to aluminum hard drives?

Back