• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V333 + logitec extreme 3d joystick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John Jr

:mad:
I have a Asus a7v333 mobo, athon 1.3, win 98,384 megs o ddr 266 ram and the logitec software locks up my pc. Did not with my last mobo with same components except the mobo. Anyone else got the same issue?

Since you did not say, is that joystick a USB joystick or does it use the game port? If it is a USB joystick, make sure you do not have USB 2.0 enabled on the A7V333. USB 2.0 has proven problematic. Standard USB works fine.

Hoot

Asus A7V333 + Logitech extreme 3D joystick

This is a game port version of the stick and I have installed it on a second pc which it worked fine. I also tried a different game pad on the Asus board and it worked fine, just seems to not like the Logitech for some reason... Anyone help??:mad:

Hey John Jr, got the same prob. AS u can see from my sig, I runnin' the Asus A7V133-C. I had this mobo installed in another box with a duron 800-same hardrive, ram,network card, video card-everything worked fine. Moved it over to my new box, killed my 800 (literally; BTW makes a nice keychain now :beer: ), put in a 1200, fdisked,format and reinstalled 98se, everything worked fine until I tried to 'Add' my Logitech extreme joystick. Once I clicked 'Add', machine froze solid.

- Reinstalled 98se; no updates; froze
- updated everything; froze
- removed everything but the HD, mobo, video card, ram; froze
- tried different ram; froze
- tried different video card; froze
- 4in1 from cd, newest 4in1, 4in1 recommended by Asus for this board; froze, froze, froze
- old logitech drivers, new logitech drivers; froze, froze
- gave it to service tech from whence I buy my parts; they gave it back :cry:; told me they'd try again tommorow if I brought it back in (guess they spent all day on it)
- tried joystick in other machine; worked fine
- turned off joystick in bios; froze
- turned of Soundblaster in bios; froze

For the life of me I can't figure this out. Only difference between when it was working and now is: new box, new cpu (tripled checked jumper setting)
Could someone pls help on this or at the very least lend me LARGE mallet for 'bout an hour :beer:

Hey John, I beleive it's a driver prob. I've removed all the .vxd files for Logitech and I'm able to install any joystick including the logistech Wingman. Prob is they all show as not being connected. Any luck at ur end?

Logitech extreme 3D joystick

Bought a new one, Logitech extreme 3D joystick, there must be something the new chipset don't like. The old one worked fine on any other PC I tried it on but the newly built pc. Sold off my stick and bought the same thing and it worked fine. New electronics internal or something. But even with new drivers on a fresh install of windows the old stick would fail. Only cure I could come up with dude. Sorry I have nothing better for you. But the new stick works fine. And I love it... :burn:

Hey Dude, figured it out. Went through my Windoze folder and physically removed all files pertaining to Logitech;.vxd and all such. Then went to the Logitech site for the newest drivers; followed the link to Microsop to install the Microsop Installer; back to Logitech;downloaded and installed the newest drivers annnnnddd Waaahhlllaaaahhh I HAVE ACHIEVED JOYSTICK FUNTIONALITY Bahhhaaahaaa!!!!!!!
And yes, then I wrote it all down so that if it happens again I might remember that I wrote it down and will be able to do it right the next time :rolleyes:

Back