• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct X Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anthrax

Registered
I have a Geforce 3, and Windows XP

I'm having a problem with direct X games, every time I try to run one the image will be cut into pieces, texture ripping will occur, and other things that make the image impossible to recognize.

My open GL games run fine.

When I rolled back my drivers to window's defaults direct X games ran fine, but no other drivers will run this way, and the defaults won't run open Gl, anyone have any idea what's going on?

I have all the latest updates for everything, I've tried reinstalling XP, but nothing works, does anyone have any idea what is happening?

somebody was getting just the same problem, tried looking for the thread but i cant find it anymore. its a recent one.

what are the detonator versions you tried out yet?

you can try flashing the video card bios but id recommend you to wait for other ppls help before.
i was searching for info on flashing my video card bios in another forum and i saw a few ppl have got compatibility issues with the detonators and the manufacters bioses.

I've tryed the 27.51, 28.30, and 29.20 detonators, I also just got a Geforce 4 Ti-4600 and it does the same thing.

reinstall directx but before try running the dxdiag to check if there is no corrupted files or something.

Back