• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

exiting seti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital Pimp

hey all i have had seti running for a few weeks now. i followed the directions to set it up from the thread on top but here's the problem....

i have seti spy in the startup folder and it opens fine. but when i go to shut down my computer it wont let me i get a "cannot exit program" type message i get 2 choices "ok" or "cancel" if i click ok it crashes my computer but if i click cancel it brings me back to my desktop where i right click on seti spy and exit then i can shut down my computer. any suggestions?

if i can get this problem fixed i will be able to set it up on my moms computer, after she got the errors she wanted it off.

Thanks, Digital

If you're running win98, you have to shut down seti driver manually before you shut down the computer. I remember seeing on the seti driver page a file you can download so that seti driver accepts the win98 shutdown command, and it'll shut down automatically.

What's everyone else think?

Then yeah, it's just a problem the won't let setidriver shut down.. Either do it manually, or go to the setidriver page and look around for that file.

Eliminating the Appliction Not Responding message when shutting down Windows 95, 98, and ME:
Download and unzip into your windows directory the file default.zip to instruct Windows to close the SETI CLI when exiting. You may need to reboot after to activate this change. Note this windows patch doesn't always work with Windows 98 original edition. The file you are unzipping is called _Default.PIF and contains the information to tell Windows to honor application close instructions. It only impacts 16 bit (DOS) and 32 bit console applications.

if u r running Win9x. here's the solution:

copy --> windows/system/conagent.exe

paste --> it (conagent.exe) into each of the WU folder that Driver had created

then go back --> to windows/system/

right click --> on conagent.exe

go to --> properties

go to --> misc. tab

uncheck --> "warn if still active"

reboot --> Happy Crunching!! ;)

Does no one here remember what DOS taught us!?!?!?

When you get that message, hit "Ok", and then hit Ctrl+C to kill the app.

I do it every time in my 98SE partition.

Back