• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still waiting for the horse runover.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
and yet the Horses haven't succeded in running me down.....seems that if I can keep them at bay for the next 4 or 5 weekes I'll be able to get a good lead before them this next Summer Vacations period :D

Even if they pass me , in the next 2 or 3 months that they will be having a slowdown I will be able to pass them too ..... :D :p :D

Girl > Seti....

Sorry guys but the girl wins this battle hands down. Oh and we are just about done...I finish my last final today.

Lucky for my my girl is computer savvy.

Actually, I met her at a LAN party.

So if I want to drop some cash into a new machine, she doesn't
mind.

Not like she has any money to throw around anyways...she really
doesn't have much in the way of jobs lately...

Lonely Raven said:
Lucky for my my girl is computer savvy.

Actually, I met her at a LAN party.

So if I want to drop some cash into a new machine, she doesn't
mind.

Not like she has any money to throw around anyways...she really
doesn't have much in the way of jobs lately...

My wife's fairly knowledgeable herself. She's aware of all of the pitfalls of spending time on the Internet, (I've made sure she knows). She also knows that the computer is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment and knows care must be exercised to maintain these machines to keep them running as smoothly and reliably as possible. She is also aware of how a virus can upset this delicate balance 1's and 0's, I've also explained to her about the importance of anti virus software and in some cases virus resistant hardware. With this knowledge that I've shared with her, she now welcomes any efforts I put forth to insure the harmony within our network. She feels a greater sense of security since I've installed a copy of the new anti virus software, SETI. She can also appreciate the way it is named to throw the malicious virii a curve, a virus would never recognize a program named SETI as anti-virus software.

I've further educated her as to the newest generations of virii that are much more resistant to the anti-virus software of today and how it is becoming necessary to use two CPU's to fight them. It goes without saying how much more effective two CPU's are in this regard especially when they are the latest incarnations with on-chip instructions that AMD and Intel have invested millions of dollars in to insure our continued reliable and "SAFE" browsing of the internet.

Now only if my talks on the fruits of marriage would go so well!

FRANK said:
My wife's fairly knowledgeable herself. She's aware of all of the pitfalls of spending time on the Internet, (I've made sure she knows). She also knows that the computer is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment and knows care must be exercised to maintain these machines to keep them running as smoothly and reliably as possible. She is also aware of how a virus can upset this delicate balance 1's and 0's, I've also explained to her about the importance of anti virus software and in some cases virus resistant hardware. With this knowledge that I've shared with her, she now welcomes any efforts I put forth to insure the harmony within our network. She feels a greater sense of security since I've installed a copy of the new anti virus software, SETI. She can also appreciate the way it is named to throw the malicious virii a curve, a virus would never recognize a program named SETI as anti-virus software.

I've further educated her as to the newest generations of virii that are much more resistant to the anti-virus software of today and how it is becoming necessary to use two CPU's to fight them. It goes without saying how much more effective two CPU's are in this regard especially when they are the latest incarnations with on-chip instructions that AMD and Intel have invested millions of dollars in to insure our continued reliable and "SAFE" browsing of the internet.

Man.... Thats the best B/S i've ever read in my life....

hope you dont mind but i'm gonna use that one tonight..... I think she may be dumb enough to actually fall for it!!!!!!!! :D

cheers m8e... you may have just paved the way for my next upgrade... :D

Back