• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have anyone infos about a abit board with the new i850E chipset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi there,

I may be wrong but from most of the places on the net i've seen, Abit won't release an 850e board because they don't feel the rdram is profitable anymore - that is what I read in many places
I think EpOx, Asus and DFI are releasing 850e boards but as far as i've read, Abit are not
Also I think a reason given is that most TH7II-Raid's can already operate at 533mhz fsb
The main reason i've read though is that Abit don't feel the rdram market is profitable anymore and is really for enthusiasts and hence they are not releasing an 850e board because they probably dont feel sales will outstrip the costs

Keyan

Either get a current rambus board like the TH7II which can handle 533, or wait for a dual channel DDR board. IMHO any current DDR P4 board is a waste of money. Memory bandwidth is absolutely critical with the faster P4's.

Its not good news webwilli, I agree - maybe though one of the other manufacturers 850e board will be good but if not I think a TH7-II would be a great board to go with as most of the new ones have the chips that can do 133mhz anyway

Keyan

I just ordered a TH7II-RAID from Newegg since I heard Abit won't be making an 850E board. My P4T-E only goes up to 156 FSB and I just got a 1.60a that will do 163 at 1.7 volts, so it can go higher at 1.8.

So are you guys saying the latest TH7II-RAID boards from Abit will do 533 guaranteed? How? Will they come with ICS-13 chips or just good batches of the -03 chips?

Back