• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BETA VIA 4-1 Driver, Version 4.39

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I installed the 4.39's and noticed very little if any difference between these drivers and the 4.38's. Apparently these new 4-1's incorporate a new v. 1.50 Inf file and v. 4.11 AGP driver, but interestingly enough (as with the 4.38's), the "VIA Bus Master IDE Controller" doesn't get updated in XP using the 4.39 install program.

As with the 4.38's, I had to manually install the updated IDE Controller Driver after the initial install. You can do this by first extracting the contents of the executable to a folder, then opening Device Manager | expand the "IDE ATA/Atapi Controller" tree | double click VIA Bus Master IDE Controller | Driver tab | Update Driver | select "Install from a list or specific location" | select "Don't search. I will select the driver to install" | press the "Have disk" button and browse to the "IDEWinXP" folder (contained in the folder you extracted the "4in1439vbeta1.exe" to).

The updated driver (viaidexp.sys) version will have a date stamp of 10\18\2001, with a file version of 5.1.2600.120 ;)

Back