• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slot-1 VCore Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

takiwa

Is there is a way to do a pin-mod on a slot-1 chip to increase the vcore? Can someone point me to an article/thread that will give me more info on this?

thanks guys. I was in a hurry when I posted, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to search. I should have said what kind of processor, huh, TASOS? They are a PentiumII 266, PentiumII 350, and a Celeron 333.

takiwa said:
thanks guys. I was in a hurry when I posted, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to search. I should have said what kind of processor, huh, TASOS? They are a PentiumII 266, PentiumII 350, and a Celeron 333.

Ok..then the chart will work with those.

Also check this

What happened to the Tually?

What happened to the Tually?
trying to sell it for enough to get a P4 system (1.6a or 1.8a). I still have it, I am just having some fun on one of my older systems. I just got the Soyo motherboard in, and the P2 350 jumped right to 142 with a 120mm fan blowing across the stock HS (35C). I could probably get 150 out of it with a bump in vcore. It boots at 145, but I get explorer.exe errors in Windows 98.

takiwa said:
trying to sell it for enough to get a P4 system (1.6a or 1.8a). I still have it, I am just having some fun on one of my older systems. I just got the Soyo motherboard in, and the P2 350 jumped right to 142 with a 120mm fan blowing across the stock HS (35C). I could probably get 150 out of it with a bump in vcore. It boots at 145, but I get explorer.exe errors in Windows 98.

142 mhz fsb :eek:
That's very very good o\c for a P-II

I'm also selling the Tualatin to built a Northwood !!!!

It seems that you and i,are following the same route at the same time.

We already done this with the Tualatins (started about the same)

....If there was a chipset that could give me a real DDR bandwidth...i wouldnt sell that Tually for anything.

Anyway....i already got the cpu...a 1.8A
I choose higher clock speed than high fsb (1.6A)...cause now we have the bios settings for higher mem speed.

I couldnt choose about the mobo.
Go RDRAM or DDR....?

Since i couldnt buy an Abit TH7 II (not available here)
i finally decited to go DDR.
I will get a cheap mobo (Gigabite 8SRX) and some expencive memory (Corsair XMS PC-3000)

We'll see what happens

Take care
Tasos

That's very very good o\c for a P-II
Actually, this Soyo motherboard has blown me away so far. I love it. It is stable as hell.

I'm also selling the Tualatin to built a Northwood !!!!

It seems that you and i,are following the same route at the same time.

We already done this with the Tualatins (started about the same)

....If there was a chipset that could give me a real DDR bandwidth...i wouldnt sell that Tually for anything.

Anyway....i already got the cpu...a 1.8A
I choose higher clock speed than high fsb (1.6A)...cause now we have the bios settings for higher mem speed.

I couldnt choose about the mobo.
Go RDRAM or DDR....?

Since i couldnt buy an Abit TH7 II (not available here)
i finally decited to go DDR.
I will get a cheap mobo (Gigabite 8SRX) and some expencive memory (Corsair XMS PC-3000)
Yeah, it does seem like we are on the same bandwidth. I am pretty much planning the same thing, with the cheaper DDR board, too. I actually haven't given it much thought, because I haven't sold the tA1 yet. When I do, I'll read around the forums and see what seems to be working for everyone. Anyway, good luck with yours!

TASO I need your help!

I have an old Pentium II 300, generation 1 with 2.8 volt aleady!

Is here a way I can mask the PIN for an higher 3.0-3.2 volt???

I was able to OC to 350mhz, but I really want that 400mhz!

Takiwa, what kind of Soyo Motherboard is that you're using???

Klamath
Here's the info:

Pins Listed as follows: Vid4->Vid3..->..Vid0
LA = Leave alone
C = Connect

Pin A121__Pin B119____Pin A119__Pin A120___Pin B120 VCC
LA_______LA_________LA_______C to A118__LA_______3.0V
LA_______C to A118___LA________LA_______LA_______3.2V

(Double checked :D )
Gave only the ones with 1 connect.
Btw.3.2V is already really high.

gl

Thanks D2DM, where did you find this information?
Is there a more detail picture/chart available.

Don't worry about HEAT.

I stripped this Klamath NAKED, clean off the excess GUNK, and applied THERMAL GREASE. The Pentium II Heatsink is really BIG, has alot of surface area.

So I decide to take off the cpu fan and SCREWED in an HUGE CASE FAN blowing lots of air :)

need proof eh.. hehe

I found it some time ago when I searched for the same info..
Maybe somewhere in the link I gave in this thread (second post)

I can't reach the site/server..

It is (was?) 3DnHardware - Hardware reviews, news, interviews and opinions, a part of 3Dn.htm
http://www.3dhardware.net/articles/
The Slot 1 Voltage Selection for ANY Motherboard article.

Did the Mod myself (for the P2-350 in my P2B mobo..)
Different pins but same principle.

You know what to do right? How it works..

GL :)

(added 3.1Volt, requires more soldering)
LA___Connect to B120___LA___Connect to A118___Connect to B119 3.1V

Last edited:
Back