• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I tell if my client is working?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clean_Baldy

How do I know if it's working?! I just downloaded it, opened it, and it downloaded a file called Core65.exe... then went through about 20 lines of nonsense, then its just sitting there....

Is it working on a WU and I don't see it, or is there a command that I have to type to get it to start running....

What should I be seeing?

Also, is there a way to close it so I dont see it on my taskbar, but still have it working? I know I can minimize it, but I want it gone from view....

More than likely it's running just fine. You won't see anything more till it finishes its first frame. It'll post the finishes as they come about. Just sit back and let it do it's thing:D

Btw, Welcome to the fold;)

You are seeing exactly what you should be seeing :)

Not exactly mindblowing is it? ;) there is the gui console that you can also try that shows the proteins being folded although the way that they did it it's hard to recognize the changes.

If you got to the part where is showed a copywrite and your cpu is at 100% then you are folding. It can take 5 minutes to an hour or more, depending on the machine and the size of the protein for you to notice a change on that screen. after it finishes frame 1 of the wu it will say frame1 finished and it will start working on frame 2.

There are couple of things you might like to download ...

Here is our stats page. On the left is a "downloads" link, which has a link to FAH addon software ... here .

There's a program here called HideitX that will allow you to run the text console without it showing.

There are also several flavors of folding monitor. I prefer FoldMonitor, even though it's no longer supported.

I hope this helps. Welcome to the team! :D

Clean_Baldy said:
How do I know if it's working?! I just downloaded it, opened it, and it downloaded a file called Core65.exe... then went through about 20 lines of nonsense, then its just sitting there....

Is it working on a WU and I don't see it, or is there a command that I have to type to get it to start running....

What should I be seeing?

Also, is there a way to close it so I dont see it on my taskbar, but still have it working? I know I can minimize it, but I want it gone from view....

sounds like it's running. it takes a while to complete a frame. anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours it all depends on the protein and the speed of the cpu that you are using. if you get electron microscope it has the option to hide client and you can monitor your progress.

Back