• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboards that still have the socket holes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcrites

Anyone know of a list where I can find out if the current crop of motherboards still have the 4 socket holes on them? I may have to get a new motherboard, and I want to be able to use my maze-3 which uses the socket holes to mount on the chip.

Mostly every board out now has the socket holes. Research a board, and we'll tell you if it has socket holes or not.

Yodums

I was looking at the Abit KX-333R and the Gigabyte 7VXRP. The Abit looks like it has the holes, but the Gigabyte looks like it doesn't.

Both of those boards have holes...(the Gigabyte and Abit KX7-333R)..ya most of the boards have wholes... even the ECS boards have holes...lol

Doh, I just looked again at the 7VXRP and saw that it does indeed have the holes. I must be going blind. :D Welp, this is what I probably will go with if I find out my kg7 is dead this weekend. :(

Back