• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with my cable connection...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JudgeDredd

Here's the situation.

For the last week my cable connection has been really... ****ty. I can be playing CS, and the cable light will stay on but I'll lose connection. If that doesn't happen, I get packet loss spikes. Same happens in Tribes 2 and while surfing.

Here's what I know.

Coincedently, this all started the same evening my friend installed Yahoo! Pager on my system. I uninstalled it, but even after that I found out it was still in the startup commands, so I removed it from there. Here was the command line, not sure what the "quiet" means.

quiet.jpg

Here's what I've done.

Cable man came out today and told me that my transmiting signal was too high, and the transmiting power was too low, whatever that means, and he fixed them. Big surprise, no change whatsoever in the situation.

Is there any programs I can download to monitor/record my connection? I've tried many cable registry tweak guides, but what command lines it list to change, are not in my registry. I'm running Win98SE.

ANY advice will help. If you need any more info, just ask.

Found out that wasn't it. I just downloaded DRTCP from dslreports and did some tweaking. Found out that my RWIN was at about 8000 which is really low for cable. Bumped it up to 22500 and so far it's working fine...

Back