• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tually 1.1a o/c weird ride to 133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdoch

Well after finally upgrading my 800 cel @ 1.2 for a tually 1.1a. I was hoping again for a terrific o/c but alas when i open the box and saw malay I was sceptic. using a vht with the new bios allowing for .2 adjustment for a total of 1.625 v I thought maybe 133 no vid pin. Fars as she would go stable was fsb 120. Dam malay chips. Well I went for the vid pinnin for a total of 1.825 and again nothin couldn't go higher than fsb120 even at 1.825 volts. with my 800 I learned that sometimes less volts makes for a stable o/c,but nothing but a lockup requiring a cmos clean. second time I had to without and with the vid pin. So again I go back figure I will try another burn in only at 1.825 volts at 733 again and hope for the best or figure out how to return it. Before I did I was starring at the softmenu and went for another o/c but this time with bios default settings and fsb at 133. wouldn't you know it 1.46g,thru boot and stable after prime. Then dropped voltage with each increment of .025 and ran prime 5 times for each test. Agian at 1.46g stable all the way down to 1.675 which it would never do intially even before and after vid pin. Now I have it at 1.675 all ram tweaks and fine still stable only confused as to why it never did. My only guess is that after vid pinning and needing that second cmos clear maybe it forced the board to recognized completely that it was a tually I did let it clear longer this time but I still don't know why. All voltages and fsb readings and temps have been equal to each setting with or with out the vid pin ranging on voltage from 1.675=28 low, 31 highload to 1.825= 30- 35 high load. Weird as hell. Was the cmos clear the trick? should it always be done after the vid pin, perhaps I really only needed a long cmos clear when I switched processor? and the vid pin was unneccessary? If anyone could explain this I would appreciate it. Gonna go back and try lower voltages I will be shocked if she runs at default now.

Clearing the CMOS is definitely recommended when swapping CPU's. Your temps seem a bit on the low side. What are you using for monitoring?

Also what are you using for cooling? A good copper heatsink and some Arctic Silver is recommended. Have you tried booting at 133 FSB? Perhaps your PCI is just running too high above 120.

Back