• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what radiator/ heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

athlonnerd

I am in the process of putting together a water cooling set up; I have everything except a radiator.

What is the best performing radiator set up available, I’m gonna need to dissipate around 320 w of heat :mad:

I'm not particularly worried about looks, or size, I just need a good temp at a minimal annoyance level (this means not having to refill 5 gallons of water per day, or having 52 dBA of noise drive u insane, darn delta).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanx

Well, you can always bop into AutoZone and ask them what they have in stock, I orderd a 1986 Chevy Chevette heatercore from them and it should arive tomorrow.

I gotta heater core for a ford f-150 (new) on ebay for 12.00 plus 5.00 shipping ..

9x6x2 .. should do me just fine !! :D

If you want to save yourself the trouble of having to solder new barbs and everything onto the heater core, you can purchase a good one from Dtek Customs. Danny is a great guy. He's got three heater cores to choose from. The only difference being price and looks. I believe the cheapest one is a touch under $30. He's also got a shroud that you can get and that will help with getting the fan off the surface of the rad.

Whats the point of getting a ready heatercore.

I think that soldering and using a blowtorch and all the other fun stuff (LOL FIRE!):mad: is the best part of watercooling.

It's the expierince in making a totally home made water setup that will give the most satisfaction of all!! And BTw it gives you ultimate breaggin rights to your geeky computer nerd friends!!! :D

PS - Check my work done on a 1989 Camaro Heatercore :eek: :
heatercore1.jpg

That looks alot like mine b8ng8!!! Woot !!!
Did the brass polish up pretty easy ??
Im thinking of painting the front edge of the fins black ..
And polishing the shiznit out of the upper and lower tanks .. and coating those with some kind of sealant to prevent future discoloration ... Am I on the right track ???

NOOOOO!
:rolleyes:
Don't touch the fins with paint, it takes away from there cooling ability~~!
All you can do without sacrificing cooling capablilities is to paint the the sides and top of the heatercore.

But if you wanna be cool like me :cool: and have a polished brass look just get some copper/brass/aluminum cleaning compound and rubb away. (took me about 30min to get that shine)
GL!

rjr that ...
Just see all those purdy blue rads ,,,
Makes me wanne be purty too hehe

I feel better having a much larger core than those black Ice jobs .. Although they look really nice ...
Having it outside the pc is gonna make things much mo' betta !!

Back