• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In Win 805 Infinity Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hustler3976

So I have been having cooling problems with my In Win 805 infinity case (Big surprise). I failed to do my due diligence when researching my case/gpu/cpu.

I have a i7-7700k Kabby Lake CPU, MSI Aero 1080Ti 11GB gfx card. Both of these apparently have issues with heat. I decided to try Custom Water cooling for the first time.

I decided to get the EK-KIT P280 for my first build, along with the water block and back plate for the GPU. Got everything installed just fine but now my GPU temps are higher than before which

makes no sense. With the new setup my idle temp is 32 Celsius, and 90 Celsius under full load...

The only things I can think of are:
1) Too much thermal paste on the GPU
2) My fan setup is awful
3) Need 2 fans at the bottom of the case for intake

I have the coolant going from Reservoir -> GPU -> CPU -> Rad -> Reservoir.

nZxRRll.jpg
yWxbZ8I.jpg

I have 1 NXZT Exhaust fan at the top back, and a EK-CoolStream CE 280 Radiator at the front of the case with two 140mm Vardar fans attached.
Im wondering if the 2 front fans aren't getting enough airflow through the front. Right now the rad is set up just like the pic i linked (except custom water cooled) with the fans on the back side of the forward face plate. Would it be better to put them on the inside of the case, or does it even make a difference?

Also would 2 fans at the bottom make a big difference?
Ill try to update the post with Pics when i get home,
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Your right those temps don't look right at all . Are you getting flow through the loop ? If you are I would check your mount on the gfx card .

What are your cpu temps @ load like ?

Your right those temps don't look right at all . Are you getting flow through the loop ? If you are I would check your mount on the gfx card .

What are your cpu temps @ load like ?

Im pretty sure there is flow. Is there any way to tell besides feeling the tubes / looking at the swirling coolant in the res? Im using clear tubes with red coolant, so i would know if there wasnt flow, correct?

Under high load (85% +) its around 85-90 degrees Celsius. 50% load = 60-70 degrees Celsius. Idle is about 32 degrees

I get home in an hour or so, so i will try to post pics then

Last edited:
Both temps are high , where is your pump pluged in ? Is it not getting full speed ?

Are temps still high with the side panel off ?
Are your fans blowing the right way?
Did you take the plastic protection layer off the blocks before installing?

Both temps are high , where is your pump pluged in ? Is it not getting full speed ?

Are temps still high with the side panel off ?
Are your fans blowing the right way?
Did you take the plastic protection layer off the blocks before installing?

numbers are very similar with the panels off. Maybe 2-3 degrees cooler with them off.
The front fans are intake attached to the rad. The only other fan is exhaust out the back.

Yes, i took off the plastic.

Update: I just wiped off and re-applied the thermal paste. That seems to have solved the problem of the GPU being much hotter than the cpu. However it is still pretty hot. Ide was about the same temps, but when i put it to max load it went up to about 47 degrees. Ive had it at max for about 10 min now and it is slowly creeping upwards of 65. The first 5 mins went from 47 to 60, and the last 5 mins it has started to even out at around 65.

I believe there is not enough airflow for the rad with the way the fans are positioned, but i dont have much choice in the matter.
I could either put the rad at the bottom and add intake fans on the front, or add another 120 rad in the back.

47 looks better, but then the heat load starts pushing more than the small rad can handle (without high speed fans ) most ppl would recommend 3x120 sized rad for your setup at the minimum . Is your CPU voltage on auto ? If you set it to the vid you should get better temps.

47 looks better, but then the heat load starts pushing more than the small rad can handle (without high speed fans ) most ppl would recommend 3x120 sized rad for your setup at the minimum . Is your CPU voltage on auto ? If you set it to the vid you should get better temps.

Well now that my temps are not ridiculously high i feel a little better. I could add a 120 rad at the exhaust in the back, but im not sure how much of a difference it will make since it is the only exhaust port, so all the hot air would be going through it. The rad on the front isnt geting much airflow due to the case design. I may reverse the position of the rad and attaching fans to see if that does anything.

I have never messed with voltages on my CPU. How do I check to see if it's at auto / set it to vid?

Last edited:
When under load what does the voltage spike to ?
It should be able to run at stock speeds with around 1-1.1 v . I would try setting the vcore to 1.1 and then checking if it is stable and still stable with lower temps . Auto vcore tends to add more than needed for a given speed.
There is also deliding (not for the faint at heart) it has been known to drop temps by upto 20 deg .

When under load what does the voltage spike to ?
It should be able to run at stock speeds with around 1-1.1 v . I would try setting the vcore to 1.1 and then checking if it is stable and still stable with lower temps . Auto vcore tends to add more than needed for a given speed.
There is also deliding (not for the faint at heart) it has been known to drop temps by upto 20 deg .

I'm guessing I just use the Bios page to change the voltages? Or is there a program you use?

Look in the OC Tweaking section of bios to check to see if the CPU voltage is set on auto and also to manually give it a value. You might see terms like "Override" instead of "Manual." What motherboard are you using?

Look in the OC Tweaking section of bios to check to see if the CPU voltage is set on auto and also to manually give it a value. You might see terms like "Override" instead of "Manual." What motherboard are you using?

I am using the Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2
On my way home to check the setting now. I know it has an auto tuning program built it to set it to power saving / normal / performance. It is currently on normal. Ill post back in 30 mins or so with an update.

Most of us would not recommend using auto tuning tools. They tend to assign unnecessarily high voltages. Sounds like you have not had much experience in manipulating bios settings.

Yea I'm pretty new when it comes to all this. I manually changed my CPU voltage to 1.100. It was at 1.168. Didnt make much of a difference in the heat or speed department, but my comp crashed, so i reverted back to the auto setting of 1.168

Well, if 1.1 is not enough to keep it stable that doesn't mean you have to go all the way back to 1.168. Try something in between. There are other adjustments as well that can have a bearing on temps such as LLC (Load Line Calibration).

Hey mate. I went through this exact issue a few months ago. I even made a similar post about it. I was running a 240mm rad and a 120, I wasn't getting enough cooling so I jammed another 120 in. Long story short the case while gorgeous is absolutely hopeless for water cooling. It has nothing to do with your fans or thermal paste. I had 5 noctuas in there I even tried swapping them to the corsair mag lev fans. Still had to be at 100% for gaming. My 7700k was also delidded

- - - Updated - - -

Back