• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The dilemma...rheo bus vs digitaldoc 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PoorLittlePoop

Registered
I’m in a process of moding new case I have bought. Chieftech dragon, full tower. Hooray. Anyway, my existing case have 6 fans, 2 80mm, 2 92mm, and 2 120mm. Yes, it is very loud, and I have to shut it down when I go to bed. I want to make my new case quiet as possible without losing its potential. I have been looking at lot of different things I can do to make the noise more bearable. My final choice comes down to two products. The rheo bus from pcmods.com and the digitaldoc 5. I want to have control over the fan rpm and the noise level. I can’t decide what I want! If anyone else has suggestion or advice, I’m very much willing to listen and love to hear them

First off all you don't need a rheo bus, if you are going to get a DD5. By simply adding a relay switch DD5 automatically controls the fan speed. Meaning switches from 7V to 12V if the heat increases.
Search the forum for Digital Doc 5 and you'll find my thread explaining how to.
I can also send you the wiring diagram if you want.

I would go for the RheoBus (and I may go with it) because IMO, the DigitalDoc seems to need a lot of modifications (blue LED, the relay switches, etc) to be a nice unit.

really? I didn't even think about moding dd5. hmnn..that sounds very promising and interesting. Yeah would you mind if you could send me the diagrams. This could be nice project. Get all the features of dd5 plus the fan rpm control ...wow...that would be cool. :eek:

but how much control can you have thought? there is no switch or nabs.. other than the dd5 control. I would definetly like to hear more. dd5 is cheapter too.

LOL, I am actually thinking about getting a DD5; this is great... Lemme see if I can find some threads. I know people have been talking about it I believe in the cooling/alternative modding section.

Back