• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C-media

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stormer

hey, i have a p4s533 and it comes with a c-media sound card.. i have a 4.1 sound system.. can i use this system on this card? cuz i cant seem to hear the back speakers.. and i tried putting in all the jacks into the each hole.. but still nothing.. do i have to get another sound card to make all of them work :/ thanks

i am quite positive that the cmedia onboard chip is 5.1 compliant so you may want to check the mobo/speakers manual on how to setup the 4.1 on your card...

also, the subwoofer should be plugged into the expansion card (which should be plugged into your motherboard via cable that came with it) and the speakers should be plugged into the back of the mobo

ok well all i got is a black and teel colored wire coming from one of my smaller spekers.. as well as a larger fat one which goes into the sub woofer.. i plug the black and teel into the sound card.. and i can only hear sound from 2 speakers.. i tried as many configurations as i could with these two wires and the three ports on the sound card still no luck..

i have a mobo with the same chipset onboard sound and it came with an expansion card like this

i have a mobo with the same chipset onboard sound and it came with an expansion card like this:
it was seperate from the three "normal" speakers in/outputs

Stormer said:
exact same mobo cuz i got no card like that :?

i meant the same onboard sound chipset, my board is a BD133U for PIIIs, but it still should have 5 ports...you should probably contact ASUS about this, you may be missing an expansion card...

Back