• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crtl Alt Del in XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nismo Nate

Crtl Alt Del in XP

Is there a way to get the new XP task manager window to be like the old win 98/ME task manager window?

Or at least when i hit it, a way i can just press "enter" to end the current task instead of having to use the mouse?

Thanx - Nate

You can move around with the TAB key and arrow keys if you dont want to use the mouse

why would you want to

unless you have no mouse

xp and 2k have alot of built in bad app killers

if you alt f4 it and it doesnt respond it will give you the endnow screen just click endnow

i programed my 5th button on my mouse to alt-f4 in internet explorer so i could close pages im done with super fast

Well, the reason behind it was that in one of my games - Global Operations, Sometimes when I exit out it would lock up, I would Ctrl-Alt-Del and no screen would pop up and it would farce me to hit my reset button, but I know it wasn't a hard lock, for some reason it just wasn't letting the dialogue box pop up over the game window. So I just wanted to Ctrl-Alt-Del ENTER like I used to in ME and 98.

If I could do that it would kill the game, since I can't see the pop up window there is nothing for me to click on and I don't know how many tabs yet to get to where I need to be on the window.

Back