• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heat sink comparison?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

I'm planning on buying a cooler master heat sink but, I can't decide between the HCC001 and HCC002. I could get both of them locally for about $30, so money is not an issue. My choice will be based completely on performance and usability. Any links or input will be great. Thanks

you can get a ax-7(amd) or ax-478(intel) cheaper and is a much better heatsink. the ax-7 is a pain to mount but other than that it is an excellent heatsink.

Im loooking for a place that is local in the bay area that sells good Heatsinks. So far those (Hcc-001, Hcc-002) are the only pretty good performers that Ive been able to find. If there is anywhere else that sells a AX7 for cheap then I would go for that.

Does anyone know of a store that sells AX7 for around 30?

edit:
I dont really enjoy buyin stuff off the internet and rarely do it because of past experiences.

Last edited:
trdsw20 said:
I'm planning on buying a cooler master heat sink but, I can't decide between the HCC001 and HCC002. I could get both of them locally for about $30, so money is not an issue. My choice will be based completely on performance and usability. Any links or input will be great. Thanks

I think a lot of you are addicted to the forums and just skip the fron page at overclockers.com . You could save yourself some time by just checking out the front page's "Click Here for Heatsink and Water Cooling Performance Rankings ", and comparing to what's availible at a local store. Ed, Joe and Skip as well as the moderators and senior members, put a lot of effort into the site as a whole. Not just the forums. The information is readily availible on the site if you look.

AAAHHHH!!!!!
My original question was which one out of the 2 both Cooler Master HHC-01 and HCC-002. The HHC-001 is listed but I want to see a comparo between the two.
So to ansewr your reply I do look at the site and do not take the information there for granted. I hope you realize that you have misunderstood the whole reason of my post.

Bottom Line is I never wanted to hear about the AX7 that was none of my concern I just wanted to hear about the other two heatsinks

Like I said I dont enjoy buying stuff off the internet and I can only find Cooler Master around here. So once again I was asking about a local store in the California Bay area that sellls the AX7!!!!!

trdsw20 said:
Like I said I dont enjoy buying stuff off the internet and I can only find Cooler Master around here. So once again I was asking about a local store in the California Bay area that sellls the AX7!!!!!

I usually buy most of my stuff from newegg and would recommend them to anybody. I understand that you don't want to buy over the net but they are based in cali somewhere if you are lucky it might be driving distance.

why dont you let your fingers do the walking throuogh the local yellow pages in your area for a compputer shop.I'm sure they can order one for you if you know what youd like to get.As for the ax-7 everyone is mentioning I have one and love it.

I tried the yellow pages and most of the stores I contacted dont carry that . One store I asked to see if they could order it but they told me that retail was gonna go up!
I guess this time im just not that lucky

Back