• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Some Help From All U Overclocker gods!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brianusn

Well, this is my first post on here so lemme make it count. I'm new to this overclocking world and I may need things specifically told to me in English hehe so be gentle. Anyway on with what I got goin on...
I just bought an Epox 8k3a(non-raid). I was hoping I could use the XP 2100+ with it, but I will settle for the XP 2000+. Now where can I get an unlocked XP 2000+? Also what is the difference between Palimino and MP? Should I get the OEM or Retail? The box says it can only support up to XP 2000. Money is not the issue, so, what would you do?

I also bought a Thermalright AX7 Heatsink and a Delta 80mm High Output Fan. Alot of people were recommending this.

Im also thinking about buying a 512meg Corsair XMS DDR 3000 strip. The box says it can only support 2700 and a friend says you can use it if you have an unlocked cpu. If I didn't have an unlocked CPU, then its worthless to buy.

My case is a black Hydrolic. One fan in front, and One Fan on the side with a grill. You push the button on top and the face slides down. I need another fan for the back, but theres only room for a small fan not an 80 mm like in the front...any idea on the size it would be? It also has a 350 watt power supply. The fan on the side is for video card cooling I guess.

I have a Visiontek geforce 4 ti-4600 and I do not plan to overclock this at all.

So please help me out here. Once I know what to buy then I can order the rest of the stuff and come back here asking you guys how to overclock everything ;)

Originally posted by brianusn

I was hoping I could use the XP 2100+ with it, but I will settle for the XP 2000+.

You can use the 2100 with it... and it should also support Thoroughbreds when they are out. Don't worry about what the box says, it WILL support the 2100.

Now where can I get an unlocked XP 2000+?

You could check on ebay, but most of us unlocked them ourselves. There are other posts explaining how.

Also what is the difference between Palimino and MP?

Currently selling XP and MP are both Palomino. New .13 Micron core XP's & MP's are coming soon, which are codenamed "Thoroughbred".

MP has multiple processor support, and from what I understand ship unlocked.

Should I get the OEM or Retail?

Up to you. OEM is cheaper, Retail gives you better warranty. If you are going to unlock it, go with OEM cuz that would void the warranty anyway.

Im also thinking about buying a 512meg Corsair XMS DDR 3000 strip. The box says it can only support 2700 and a friend says you can use it if you have an unlocked cpu. If I didn't have an unlocked CPU, then its worthless to buy.

Without it unlocked, you won't be able to get the system over 150Mhz FSB or so anyway. ... I'd get PC3000 anyway so you have some breathing room as with the KT333 chipsets, memory runs at 166 (PC2700) as a standard.

I need another fan for the back, but theres only room for a small fan not an 80 mm like in the front...any idea on the size it would be?

If it's smaller than 80mm (very unlikely), it would prob be 60mm. Are you sure the front one isn't a 90mm?

I have a Visiontek geforce 4 ti-4600 and I do not plan to overclock this at all.

Sweet... No need with that baby! lol

So please help me out here. Once I know what to buy then I can order the rest of the stuff and come back here asking you guys how to overclock everything ;)

Hope I did.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks For The Help, much appreciated. Ordering my stuff now :p

hey
you should just get an MP xp 2000, they are factory unlocked..and in case you want to do dual cpu's some day, you will have the chip already...this will save you some time too.

id get at least a 430 watt psu for this...that way you can do pretty much anything to your system, and wont have to worry about needing power..enermax makes good ones

RangerJoe said:
hey
you should just get an MP xp 2000, they are factory unlocked..and in case you want to do dual cpu's some day, you will have the chip already...this will save you some time too.

id get at least a 430 watt psu for this...that way you can do pretty much anything to your system, and wont have to worry about needing power..enermax makes good ones

Getting a Mp-2000 sounds like a big waiste of money to me.

If your willing to spend that sort of cash id buy a XP-1600 now and get a faster thoroughbread in a few weeks time.

As for the PSU buy the best you can afford.
Id recomend a higher wattage sparkle over the ernmax.

It allways worries me when people say "money isnt an issue"

If its not an issue buy a P4-2.4 and go for 3.5ghz.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dont get any XP over +2000
They are set to a 12 and higher multiplier

If you even unlock it using the standard method, you'll only have acces to the 12 multiplier and higher... I think that starts from +2000 right? (impretty sure)

In order to unlock these higher clocker procs your gonna need to cut a couple bridges and then reconnect a few. A lot more work invovled.. Don't recommend for someone who never unlock a proccessor to start going at it with a drememl. LOL

just send $10,000 USD to me, and i will be more then glad
to build you a dream super system and overclock it my
self, if i get to keep the change of course.

:D :cool: ;) :p

Back