• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Swifty Case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rfeng

Hey all,
Well, I finally made the jump to watercooling! It's been getting too hot here in my room to keep my TT 7+ on the low or even the medium fan speed. High was just too loud. I've been looking at the Koolance systems for about a month now. I think they are really good looking systems. Then I saw some reviews on the Swiftech Q-Power. Although I am not a big fan of the case's asthetics, I couldn't overlook it's cooling advantage over the Koolance systems. I bought one today for $325 plus $45 3-day shipping. I can't believe I just spent that much $$$ on a case! I think this PC's Enlight case was under $50..
Hopefully, I'll be able to get a few more MHz outta this thing (currently 1800+@1734 MHz) which means lower times and more WU's!!

-JR
~12 GHz of SETI crunching!
Crunch On!

Last edited:
I have no doubt you will be very satisfied. I am using ALL of the components that come with that setup, and everything is excellent. I've been using the lite on case for several years. It is a beast, and you'll never be lacking for space. The way he has bored out the grills for the fans really cuts down on noise, and you will not believe how much air flow you get for virtually no noise whatsoever, plus the cpu cooling far exceeds anything you can do with air. I've been using the block, radiator, fans, and pump from that kit to cool my P4, but since I wanted to use a lian-li case with window I didn't mount the parts in the case, but everything still works great. You'll love it.

Dude, at that cost you just about paid for a new AMD cruncher. Hopefully you get more WU's than a separate system would. Then again, if the enjoyment factor makes you feel good, it's worth the investment.

I got the kit with all the same components, but no case- I already had a suitable one.

The QPower is a nice setup, expensive, but I wanted to start water-cooling with ease, not nightmares, and that did it! Yours will be even EASIER than my foray, since you are getting the case!

Of course, now that I've gotten a whole lot (4 or 5 months?:p ) experience with it, I've got a few ideas.........

guess i might need to take a look at it too. it's getting really really hot over here w/ all my rigs......

(just downclocked 2 of them in order to prevent them being lock up in the afternoon time......:eh?: _

LandShark said:
guess i might need to take a look at it too. it's getting really really hot over here w/ all my rigs......

(just downclocked 2 of them in order to prevent them being lock up in the afternoon time......:eh?: _

Ouch how hot? Mine are getting 46-47 tops.

rfeng ... I also have an XP 1800+ w/ the TT 7+. THe most i can get out of it is 1633mhz at high fan speed! I am using the Gigabyte 7VRXP mobo.. what are you using? give me some tips perhaps?

Klear,
I'm using an EPOX 8KHA+. The processor is still locked but I can run pretty stable @ 150 FSB with 1.85 vCORE. I have gotten it to around 1780'ish but it's about as stable as the Argentinian Banking system. It's not my RAM, either. The only other things it could be is the heat, the onboard audio, my old PCI video card, or my NIC.
What are you using for core voltage and RAM voltage?

-JR

Until i get my arctic silver 3 tube, i am at the default voltages... I am running on median fan speed... not too great temps. I hope they will fall with the as3...

I posted about the Swiftech case and the price. $325 kind of seemed like a lot of money. It does already have a cooling system in it and you don't have to set it up. Some people thought it was a resonable price.

Klear,
Most likely, your stock vCore is what is holding you back. What are your temps now? Don't expect miracles from AS3, either.

-JR

well if the as3 doesn't do anything, I will have a nice 3 grams of silver snack...

well, it's mainly b/c the room here is getting hot! mobo temp. can get up to 40C!!! :mad: that's why even it's got very good cooling, normally it's 8~15C above mobo temp crunching SETI, it still gets quite a bit hot!! and some of them been locked up around 2~4pm when i was at work. u know, how it feels when u come back home or checking my queue server thru HTTP and find out that a couple cruncher is down!! :(

I know that feeling, Landshark. Last Friday, there was a T-storm just after work near work. Unfortunately, there was a power hit so all 4 of my PIV 2.2GHz XEON crunchers at work took the hit, rebooted, and then sat at the login screen for the whole weekend! Dropped my WU output from ~35 to about 10 for each weekend day. Ugh..

-JR

Back