• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about watercooling a special Video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo_fx

welp its sorta long, 4 chips, how should i got about this? Im just lookin for ideas, but with that much heat should i even bother, water coming from the CPU to each chip.. it might not even work...

how about something like this :p

voodoo5.jpg

So you have a V5 6000 then? not many were made, one recently was on ebay for $2000 I seem to remember.

Did the final card, or the one you have look like this?

v5.6000.jpg

A water-cooling solution could be made, and would work. I'm pretty sure I could make one for it. I'm not sure that I'd want to modify a rare card like that, however it would make for an interesting project. :cool:

Here's one I made for an Asus GF3.

asuswcmk2gmed.jpg

Voodoo,

You can't get any better advise than from Bladerunner as he is a legend in his own time. Blade's the foremost authority on GPU h2o cooling, bar none. ;)

BTW Here's Blades website where you can see some of his accomplishments:

http://www.zerofanzone.co.uk/

Last edited:
its the V5 6000 that actually works.. instead of the Intel chip they used a Hint bridge, hence it took away most the problems with the chips communicating, and cheaper.. also... :)

wow, does that thing have 4 gpu'z? thats insane, just make a big long waterblock for all the gpu'z if thats what they are, they should be the same heit

how would something like that perform on madonion?
I mean if it has 4 GPUS! even w/o overclocking thats incredible!

Umm.. with 3dmark it bites the big one.. lol, 3dfx left the DX drivers half assed when nVidia bought them, but not to worry, a driver team is fixing them for me and others.. :)

it doesn't perform that amazingly well, it's a really old card, i forget the score it got, but it was around that of a geforce3, right now MO is going slow so I can't get to the ORB, but I'll post a link to a V5 6K score. There's a couple on the ORB.

jsut remember all those are alpha 6k's... their scores aren't that great because of it.. IE. Lower clocks.. most were at 143, rarely at 166, this board will be at 183, but the DX drivers are badly written... :(

BTW, 3dmark is not something to worship... It doesn't come near to the actuall performance of this card, don't let them tell you otherwise either.

Back