• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ax7 temps. Are these normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o-clock-547

I got my ax7 and 5700rpm 80cfm delta fan. I use as3. The fan is blowing. I get about 38c idle, and 43c load. This is what my asus a7v333 tells me in the bios, or using pc probe. Is this ok. I wanna get a less noisy fan. Or a rhestat. Will a lower fan speed be ok on this hsf? Are my temps high?

The temps are fine, but you really need a rheostat if you want to keep some kind of hearing.

I have 3 rigs usinf the AX-7 and a Delta and they ALL have rheostats.

If you can, I would try to find a lower dB fan, with about the same CFM movement. That way, it will be quieter, but still move the same ammount of air.

What processor are you running in that setup? What is your ambient temperature?

Also, don't forget that the A7V333 will report processor temps about 10 C higher than you are used to seeing.

Oh, and those temps seem perfectly fine to me.

- John

I run a thermistor controlled variable fan on the AX-7. I position the thermistor in the exhaust airflow of the HS. When I am just putzing with cpuidle running around it holds around 2500 rpm when I start folding@home it climbs on up to 3500. Rated output of the fan is 40cfm at that rpm. My MBM temps read mid-50's on a 2100+.

Also, just to know, your CPU temperature IS correct. It is a lot of the other motherboards that read the CPU temp 'wrong'.

jkos said:
What processor are you running in that setup? What is your ambient temperature?

Also, don't forget that the A7V333 will report processor temps about 10 C higher than you are used to seeing.

Oh, and those temps seem perfectly fine to me.

- John

Correction: The Asus boards use the cpu on die temp sensor, thats the actual temp of the CPU, or so ive been told...that particular board uses the on die sensor

i also have a 6 watt fan switch that adjust the volts from 0 to 7 to 12. But my fan is 12 watts. Would i have a problem with this?

Back