• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is Newegg a good company to buy from ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xanthan

Disabled
I have seen a few people recommend Newegg for online buying and just wanted to confirm that they are a trustworthy company that delivers the promised product on time....

thanks, Xan.

Yes newegg is about the best you can get for trust. only prob i have is that im 40mins from there location, and they use a few boxes to ship items. So they waste shipping costs sometimes. plus they have 2 warehouses in calif, so sometimes they ship half your parts from one and the other from the 2nd place. it kinda sucks. but its only a few dollars more. but ive bought all my hardware from there, and no problems yet.

one to add, i have never had to be put on hold using neweggs 800 number, Oh and there service email address. i always get a response the same day. my referbs have been on order for 3 days and still not shipped. i was told there shipping today, still not updated on there web site

NEWEGG ROCKS

newegg has some type of deal with FEDX
they have a set shipping price per item
but it's lower then most other web PC part house's
the split shipping and all the boxes is a little dumb

but it wil be to you in 4 day's

and the bust return policy ever

I ordered several times within the last month no problems. The only thing I dont like is you pay a preset shipping charge on each item. Here's an example a 80 mm at newegg cost only $5, plus $6 dollars; say you decide to get two. Even though a the fans could be put into the same box, without adding significant weight, they will still charge you $12 dollars for shipping. Which in my opinion kind of sucks. But their service is great however and their prices are some of the best around

RAC420 said:
NEWEGG ROCKS
newegg has some type of deal with FEDX
they have a set shipping price per item
but it's lower then most other web PC part house's
the split shipping and all the boxes is a little dumb
but it wil be to you in 4 day's
and the bust return policy ever

Yeah, but sometimes the thing you are looking for is available through them at a really good price and a Special Free FedEx SuperSaver is applied to it!!!

I bought a P4/1.6a, 512MB of memory, and an 80GB SpecialEdit. drive and the S&H was $7!

i have to agree with everyone, NEWEGG ROCKS!! Also nutrend is also a great company which appears to be almost exactly the same as newegg, as there websites look identical... :burn:

XprincoX said:
i have to agree with everyone, NEWEGG ROCKS!! Also nutrend is also a great company which appears to be almost exactly the same as newegg, as there websites look identical... :burn:

Damn you are right, their identical down to FedEx Saver shipping. They must have the same web designer, or in some kind of partnership.

gtsimmo said:

Damn you are right, their identical down to FedEx Saver shipping. They must have the same web designer, or in some kind of partnership.

You are so right ! Perhaps same company or something ?

Maestro

You know you are still asleep when you try to pronounce 'nytrend' as 'nut-rend' and not 'nu-trend'. Interesting website. I wonder if they are one of the same company. Maybe not necessarily a parent-subsidiary, but old version/new version company!?!

Has anyone simply just come out and emailed this question?

Kartman said:
You know you are still asleep when you try to pronounce 'nytrend' as 'nut-rend' and not 'nu-trend'. Interesting website. I wonder if they are one of the same company. Maybe not necessarily a parent-subsidiary, but old version/new version company!?!

Has anyone simply just come out and emailed this question?

i ask the question a couple months ago in this thread and got a reply from a pretty reliable source. :D

I ordered my entire system from newegg.com with the 2 day shipping. I had it built and running in 6 days. The case arrived a day before the other 2 packages containing the internals. Which was a good thing because it took me the whole day to mod the case. My only regret is I bought the Radeon 8500 LE OEM/Whitebox over the $99 Radeon LE which is made by ATI and not powered by ATI. I called to have my order changed [after reading a post about the OEM/Whitebox] and the order already shipped heh. Great service.

Last edited:
i have always been very hesitant to use online vendors due to all the problems we have had at work but i must admit Newegg has been great so far, i am on my 4th purchase with them now and i dont have a single complaint.

thanks all

Back