• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on supermonitor project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scooter4n

I working on this super monitor project. I want to run 4 LCD monitors as 1 from 1 comp, I think I need 4 PCI video cards and they need to be same brand. Then do I need soft or hard ware to make them act like 1 big monitor? Any 1 have any experience with thing like this??

The Matrox G200 MMS can run up to 4 monitors simultaneously. It is PCI and can be run with 3 more to run 16 monitors. Check it out here.

Mass Multiples makes quad-screens. They can be found here. But they require individual outputs for each screen.

Appian makes a 4-display card. It doesn't appear to have DV support, but it is ATI driven. Look for the Rushmore here.

Lots of links to products and information can be found here.

Here's another link to some card and multiple screen manufacturers, plus stand manufacturers for placing regular LCDs.

It would seem to me that if you just wanted to use four monitors as a single monitor, you could build an adapter to split the signal. That's above my capabilities, but I don't see why not. It wouldn't let you create multiple desktops though. Multiple monitors from a single card support is essentially non-existant in W2K, but some of the multi-monitor card manufacturers have resolved this with driver solutions. If you go that route, check first. Quad cards seem to be starting at aroung $800, so it's not cheap. I think the last link has a chart somewhere that shows several cards and some basic info on them.

The easiest but most elusive solution is to get a VGA array splitter.
In real-time is splits up the output image into seperate pieces so you can output to a large number of monitors without getting more graphics cards.

I've only seen them in use and haven't shopped around for them yet because it's one of those "Yeah like that'll happen" kinda things for someone as poor as me ;)

Back