• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

all in one mobos...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlesHF

Does anyone know of any all in one mobos that use DDR? They need to have video and LAN, minimum. I guess that if no one knows any, I can settle for a Biostar M7VKQ. I'm trying to get a farm set up with parts that I have now, but I don't want a SLOW farm, I want a FAST farm! My slow farm (whenever I get it working) has all K6's (K6-2 350 and 500 and a K6-3 450.) But, they're too slow! :(

I'm going to be making a farm too. The thing is, you don't need DDR for a farm, folding is not nearly intense enough to make use of it. I'm going to use Shuttle MK20/N's for my farm. They're SDR and have built in sound, video and LAN, and they're micro ATX, for a smaller footprint. $53 at Newegg.

Edit: Hmm... it appears they're virtually identical, save layout and price. I think I might get Biostars instead. =)

Edit 2: It seems there are a few people having trouble with the LAN on the Biostar. Something I'm going to mill over a bit before I make a decision.

Last edited:
There is always the nforce board....but I don't remember if it has LAN too. Plus it cost a good $30 or more than the above suggestion of the biostar which I'm considering as well.

One thing I am willing to do is see how badly I can kill it.....Can't find any mention of any OC settings in bios and IF i can I'll tinker with a bios hack and see what's in there... considering I've never done so though it'll be long an slow progress with a few..um....mistakes :rolleyes: :cry:

the all in one boards are bound to fold slower. I am curous of how much slower. SIS has a chipset that is a all in one w/ sdram I think it is SIS 730s

res0r9lm said:
the all in one boards are bound to fold slower. I am curous of how much slower. SIS has a chipset that is a all in one w/ sdram I think it is SIS 730s

These two boards both use the KLE133 chipset--certainly bound to ourperform my old KX133 chipset. =P

I have a shuttle mk20n with a duron 1.2 on it, it does a protein a frame in about 10.5 minutes. It's dedicated folder so there is nothing else running in the background.

scoobiedoo

btw, the lan on this motherboard hasn't given me any problems :)

:burn:

I don't think you are going to see much difference in prices between pc133 and pc2100. I always get crucial. just got a stick of 128mb ddr pc2100 for $25 last week and I have a stick of the same but 256mb that will do 166mhz stable.

res0r9lm said:
...I always get crucial. just got a stick of 128mb ddr pc2100 for $25 last week and I have a stick of the same but 256mb that will do 166mhz stable.

make sure you go to crucial through the banner on the overclockers.com main page!

wow, this is really sweet that we have so many people helping out the folding@home project. :)

p.s. with all that new hardware, do you have any old hardware you don't want anymore? i'll pay shipping. I'm getting my own "farm" going.

let me know, thanks :)

I was checking this out the other day because of a post in GCRD and found that newegg had an nforce board for around $75 deivered. It was a refurb board, but I just bought a refurb Epox 8KHA+ from them last month and it looks factory new, with all cables, manuals and accessories and it works just fine. The nforce would make a nice rig that would also give some light gaming ability because of the integrated gf2 mx core, plus the board has great sound and an onboard nic. If you are building a box to be used primarily for folding but will also be used as a secondary gaming/working rig I think that this would be a better way to go than the KLE133 boards.

muddocktor

Last edited:
CharlesHF said:
Does anyone know of any all in one mobos that use DDR? They need to have video and LAN, minimum. I guess that if no one knows any, I can settle for a Biostar M7VKQ. I'm trying to get a farm set up with parts that I have now, but I don't want a SLOW farm, I want a FAST farm! My slow farm (whenever I get it working) has all K6's (K6-2 350 and 500 and a K6-3 450.) But, they're too slow! :(

Motherboards based on the "KM266" chipset are DDR RAM based, all have embedded ProSavage/8 video, and most (but not all) have embedded LAN as well. Most of these will cost a bit more than SDRAM based boards however.

Some KM266 based DDR "allin1" motherboards which have both embedded LAN and video.

Biostar M7VIG $74 delivered (Newegg)
ECS L7VMM $62 + SHIPPING (MemoryMedia)
EPOX 8KMM+ $84 delivered (MWAVE)
Gigabyte GA-7VKML $89 delivered (Newegg)
MSI KM266 LAN (MS-6390L) $78 delivered (Newegg)

All of the above are the "MATX" form-factor w/3 PCI slots type board, all use DDR RAM, because of KM266 chipset all have similar features including embedded ProSavage/8 video.

Note1: The presence of a LAN chip is "optional" on some of these boards, make sure reseller explicitly states LAN is included in any offering.

Note2: Support for network-booting of the LAN chipsets on these boards has not been verified yet with any degree of certainty, best verify this before purchasing more than one board for "farm" purposes!

Last edited:
SiS Chipsets ending in zero have video integrated. The KL133 Chipset also has ob video.

David

David said:
SiS Chipsets ending in zero have video integrated. The KL133 Chipset also has ob video.

David

Correct. The SiS740 chipset is DDR based, has embedded video, and there are allin1 boards with LAN, for example:

SiS740 based ECS L7SOM $71 delivered (Ateck Computers)

However, the KL133 chipset only supports SDRAM, which doesn't meet CharlesHF's requirement for DDR support which started this thread.

David,

I too am building a farm and I have decided on the Asus A7N266-VM. $79 delivered from newegg.

Here are the specs:

nFORCE 220 Chipset 266/200MHz FSB Motherboard ATX-
Socket A
2 DIMM slots non ECC DDR memory
Integrated Audio AC97and Dolby Digital (AC-3) Encoder
10/100 Mbps LAN controller
3 PCI slots, 2 USB ports, 2 on adapter card and 1 AGP Pro/4x slot.

Back